View Poll Results: Who should the Steelers take in round 2 of the board mock?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR Keenan Allen

    4 12.90%
  • CB Johnthan Banks

    0 0%
  • RB Giovani Bernard

    0 0%
  • RB Jonathan Franklin

    4 12.90%
  • CB D.J. Hayden

    1 3.23%
  • NT Johnathan Hankins

    4 12.90%
  • ILB Kevin Minter

    9 29.03%
  • S Eric Reid

    6 19.35%
  • ILB Manti Te'o

    2 6.45%
  • OT Menelik Watson

    1 3.23%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: We are up to the Steelers pick in round 2 of our board mock. Who would you take here?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,350

    We are up to the Steelers pick in round 2 of our board mock. Who would you take here?

    Remember, we took Jarvis Jones in round 1.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  2. #2
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,666
    I voted for Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU

    He's a great fit for a 3-4 team and could potentially start or see significant playing time from day 1.

    My other preferences would be Keenan Allen (WR - Cal), Robert Woods (WR - USC) or DJ Swearinger (Safety - South Carolina).

  3. #3
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,350
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I voted for Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU

    He's a great fit for a 3-4 team and could potentially start or see significant playing time from day 1.

    My other preferences would be Keenan Allen (WR - Cal), Robert Woods (WR - USC) or DJ Swearinger (Safety - South Carolina).
    Woods is off the board (went to Carolina a few picks ago). I thought about including Swearinger, but I was limited to only 10 possibilities...so I listed 2 RB's, 2 ILB's, and 2 CB's, but only 1 safety, 1 WR, 1 OT, and 1 NT.

    I picked Keenan Allen because he plays WR like Hines used to. A smart, smooth route runner who is also a tough S.O.B....who cares about the 40 times for either player.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,700
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I voted for Kevin Minter - ILB - LSU

    He's a great fit for a 3-4 team and could potentially start or see significant playing time from day 1.
    Have I missed the news on our new Def Coord. If that doesn't change then Minter does not see significant playing time in Season 1 let alone day 1.

  5. #5
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    25,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Have I missed the news on our new Def Coord. If that doesn't change then Minter does not see significant playing time in Season 1 let alone day 1.
    Get over it. First we aren't allowed to pick defensive players in round 1 because LeBeau refuses to play them. Now we aren't allowed to pick defensive players in round 2 either? I think that Minter would be a awesome round 2 pick if that came to fruition.


    1 CB Vernon Hargreaves Florida 5-10 204
    2 DT Austin Johnson Penn State 6-4 314
    3 SS Jeremy Cash Duke 6-0 212
    4 LB Jaylon Smith Notre Dame 6-2 223
    6 WR Moritz Boehringer Germany 6-4 227
    7 OT Brandon Shell South Carolina 6-5 324
    7 RB Tre Madden USC 6-0 223

    UDFA
    DE David Onyemata, LB Ian Seau, FS Jordan Lomax, CB DeAndre Elliott,
    QB Jeff Driskel, TE David Morgan, OG Spencer Drango, OC Mike Matthews

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Have I missed the news on our new Def Coord. If that doesn't change then Minter does not see significant playing time in Season 1 let alone day 1.
    LBs do... Woodley and Timmons both played significant time as rooks... so much so that Foote left and went to Detroit....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    Round 1, Pick 25 (25): Artie Burns, CB; Miami
    Round 2, Pick 27 (58 ): Sean Davis, S; Maryland
    Round 3, Pick 26 (89): Javon Hargrave, DT; South Carolina State
    Round 4, Pick 25 (123): Jerald Hawkins, OT; LSU
    Round 6, Pick 45 (220) (Compensatory Selection): Travis Feeney, OLB; Washington
    Round 7, Pick 8 (229) (From Giants): DeMarcus Ayers, WR; Houston
    Round 7, Pick 25 (246): Tyler Matakevich, OLB; Temple

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,709
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    LBs do... Woodley and Timmons both played significant time as rooks... so much so that Foote left and went to Detroit....
    Iirc. Timmons started in his 3rd year. Didnt do much as a rook, mostly just special teams. Played some more in his 2nd year. Started in his 3rd. For being the 15th pick in the draft, that's not really impressive IMO

    woodley was the one who played his rookie year (late). Had 2 sacks in playoff game vs jags. Then started in his 2nd year


    ps. For all the crap foote gets on here. He was a starter at ILB in the 2 years we won our last titles.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,725
    I picked Minter, but I'd go 50/50 on him or Allen.

    I kinda like Bernard. He's a big little dude that jittery quick.

    I also like Banks, but think it would take time for him to contribute in our D. He's gotta add some size, he's lanky. But if he did, he's got some nice frame and athleticism. I think Carnell might be able to do wonders with this kid and he'd have a year to learn behind Ike. And like Amerson who I also really like, I think you might be able to use Banks at S as well because he can play the ball.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I picked Minter, but I'd go 50/50 on him or Allen.

    I kinda like Bernard. He's a big little dude that jittery quick.

    I also like Banks, but think it would take time for him to contribute in our D. He's gotta add some size, he's lanky. But if he did, he's got some nice frame and athleticism. I think Carnell might be able to do wonders with this kid and he'd have a year to learn behind Ike. And like Amerson who I also really like, I think you might be able to use Banks at S as well because he can play the ball.
    Flippy, you been reading my notes again... quit peeking over my shoulder!

    Scary thing is i'm convinced the team would take Hankins if this was what was available.. that's the trouble with mocks... there's a "what would you take" vs "what do you think THEY will take" debate to be had...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    Round 1, Pick 25 (25): Artie Burns, CB; Miami
    Round 2, Pick 27 (58 ): Sean Davis, S; Maryland
    Round 3, Pick 26 (89): Javon Hargrave, DT; South Carolina State
    Round 4, Pick 25 (123): Jerald Hawkins, OT; LSU
    Round 6, Pick 45 (220) (Compensatory Selection): Travis Feeney, OLB; Washington
    Round 7, Pick 8 (229) (From Giants): DeMarcus Ayers, WR; Houston
    Round 7, Pick 25 (246): Tyler Matakevich, OLB; Temple

  10. #10
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Flippy, you been reading my notes again... quit peeking over my shoulder!

    Scary thing is i'm convinced the team would take Hankins if this was what was available.. that's the trouble with mocks... there's a "what would you take" vs "what do you think THEY will take" debate to be had...
    The Steelers probably have a 1st round grade on Hankins and might even surprise us all and consider him at 17.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •