Thread: Will The Draft Ever Get Here

Legend

User Info Menu

Will The Draft Ever Get Here

It's less than a week away but it seems like the draft is never gonna get here.

I think I'm getting mocked out and highlight reel hypnotized this year. I'm not sure there isn't a play I haven't watched. I feel like I've watched every scrub UDFA on the planet this year. Yet somehow the Steelers will pick someone that completely surprised me. Probably by round 2. Maybe even round 1 the way Colbet and co have been drafting recently.

I've been having some weird dreams lately. I read an updated Kiper mock in my dream last night and we got 1. Tim Worley, 2. Limas Sweed, and 3. Trai Essex.

This whole offseason is surreal. It's like we're desperate going into the draft. And we need help in some areas so bad, I'm afraid of reach city. And being sold on Trai Essex rating out as a 1st round talent.

Maybe we'll luck out and get another Matt Spaeth instead? It was just a dream afterall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Look at the glass half-full. We have so many needs it is bound to be an exciting and unpredictable draft for us.

Then you can look forward to the three months of complaining about how the FO screwed up selecting who they will pick. All is good
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's less than a week away but it seems like the draft is never gonna get here.

I think I'm getting mocked out and highlight reel hypnotized this year. I'm not sure there isn't a play I haven't watched. I feel like I've watched every scrub UDFA on the planet this year. Yet somehow the Steelers will pick someone that completely surprised me. Probably by round 2. Maybe even round 1 the way Colbet and co have been drafting recently.

I've been having some weird dreams lately. I read an updated Kiper mock in my dream last night and we got 1. Tim Worley, 2. Limas Sweed, and 3. Trai Essex.

This whole offseason is surreal. It's like we're desperate going into the draft. And we need help in some areas so bad, I'm afraid of reach city. And being sold on Trai Essex rating out as a 1st round talent.

Maybe we'll luck out and get another Matt Spaeth instead? It was just a dream afterall.
    Or maybe we'll draft a punter like Daniel Sepulveda in the 4th round AGAIN! YIKES!?!? What were they thinking?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Yet somehow the Steelers will pick someone that completely surprised me. Probably by round 2. Maybe even round 1 the way Colbet and co have been drafting recently.
    For some reason, I'm thinking the surprise pick could be CB D.J. Hayden, the Houston CB who nearly died when he tore the inferior vena cava leading to the heart in a collision at practice a few months ago. You heard it here first!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Or maybe we'll draft a punter like Daniel Sepulveda in the 4th round AGAIN! YIKES!?!? What were they thinking?
    Sep woulda been the perfect 4th round pick in my nightmare draft. But 3 round mock was stuck in my head and that's all there was.