Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Bengals, James Harrison break off talks

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Bengals, James Harrison break off talks

Report: Bengals, James Harrison break off talks

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
    April 17, 2013

James Harrison might have overestimated his market value.

The Bengals need a linebacker and James Harrison needs a team.

But after reports suggested they would hammer out a deal this week, those talks have broken off, NFL.com's Ian Rapoport tweeted Wednesday. Cincinnati also is interested in former Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby, a slightly younger option.

It's possible nothing will happen until after the draft, when the Bengals also could address their need.

Harrison, who turns 35 in May, is not known to have any other suitors. He reportedly refused to take a 30 percent pay cut from the $6.57 million he was scheduled to earn in Pittsburgh this season, prompting the Steelers to release him.

The five-time Pro Bowler with 64 sacks and 29 forced fumbles might have to reduce his price substantially to end his free-agent limbo.

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22091455/report-bengals-james-harrison-break-off-talks[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

lol..................i wonder if james hates the bengals now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Keep lifting and doing sit ups James, eating right, and working out ... ain't nobody else been given B&G #92 yet ...

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

ryan clark said in an interview today that he calls JH every day to try to get him to return. If Woirlds gets hurt in TC, I wonder what the FO does?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    ryan clark said in an interview today that he calls JH every day to try to get him to return. If Woirlds gets hurt in TC, I wonder what the FO does?
    Take a gamble like they did with Starks the last few years and try to sign him late in the summer.

Legend

User Info Menu

whats he call him, dumbass?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    whats he call him, dumbass?
    That would be Sir Dumbass.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm just glad not to have him going to a team in the AFCN. The funny thing is that according to reports, the Bengals weren't going to use him properly anyway. Now they can pursue Dansby, a younger but lesser player who will cost them more. They may have a leg up on paper going into the season, but they still do things to remind everyone why they have sucked for so very long.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually finding it hard to believe that there is NO market for Harrison, it's not like he stopped being able to play last season.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Can we get Worilds on the field a bunch with Gilbert? .....Just a thought

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher