Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Bengals, James Harrison break off talks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Actually finding it hard to believe that there is NO market for Harrison, it's not like he stopped being able to play last season.
    Must be a price thing.
    Given a reasonable price ANY TEAM would do well to sign him. He just aint gonna get the premium he expects

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Must be a price thing.
    Given a reasonable price ANY TEAM would do well to sign him. He just aint gonna get the premium he expects
    You have to be a pretty optimistic Harrison fan (which I am), to have watched him play last year and think he has much left in the tank. He can no longer bull rush Tackles (bad back). He lacks that body lean to get around the end (i.e. bad knees). And even his signature rip under move, was pedestrian last year. And no, I'm not ignoring his supposed late season surge... I believe much of that was just circumstance (i.e. right place, right time). Put him in our scheme next year, and even injury free, I think you only see 5-8 sacks, 40-60 tackles...

Legend

User Info Menu

I see him retiring when this off season is done. He seems to be content to tell teams to pay his price or he is not playing. He seems like the type of guy who will walk away and never be heard from again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Must be a price thing.
    I agree with that. Harrison & his agent may be using the Steelers offer as a bench mark and teams are offering less.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I see him retiring when this off season is done. He seems to be content to tell teams to pay his price or he is not playing. He seems like the type of guy who will walk away and never be heard from again.
    That. OR- he's not willing to just sign with someone for little money when he doesn't seem to have much leverage. If a team loses an OLB and needs a stop-gap player he can ride in like a hero and possibly make a little more than he could now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Must be a price thing.
    Obviously the entire NFL sees what the Steelers saw. A fading star who is at risk for an injury that could keep him out of the lineup for a long time. You don't pay much for that. Everyone seems to get that except for Harrison.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You have to be a pretty optimistic Harrison fan (which I am), to have watched him play last year and think he has much left in the tank. He can no longer bull rush Tackles (bad back). He lacks that body lean to get around the end (i.e. bad knees). And even his signature rip under move, was pedestrian last year. And no, I'm not ignoring his supposed late season surge... I believe much of that was just circumstance (i.e. right place, right time). Put him in our scheme next year, and even injury free, I think you only see 5-8 sacks, 40-60 tackles...

Right on the mark. The sacks may not even reach more than 5 if he signs with a 4-3 team like the Bumgals.

It appears that based on market value we should be very happy he rejected out $4M because it appears we would have been way overpaying.

Legend

User Info Menu

age... that is the only thing holding teams back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    age... that is the only thing holding teams back.
    That is what I say the reason I'm not President is too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Lets dismiss the late sack surge when he had 5 sacks in less than half a season.

You talking tackles?
    Harrison had SEVENTY tackles after MISSING the month of September.
    Clay Matthews also missed 4 games- 43 tackles
    Demarcus Ware had 56 tackles- 16 games

You can talk SACKS and make a case. And He DID come on strong at season end in that regard didmiss it if you must.

But please dont dare dis the man as a run stopper.
    Harrison missed a month and bested Clay Mathews career best numbers (Matthews had 60 in 2010) when it comes to tackles.
    Our TEAM run defense was AWFUL when he was injured, among the best after his return.

RIGHT NOW, old and all Harrison is ELITE when it comes to stopping the run as a 3/4 OLBer among his peers.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-18-2013 at 04:54 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher