Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Steelers could pull Redman's tender offer

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,352

    Steelers could pull Redman's tender offer

    Not a bad idea if it helps them get a healthy Bradshaw. Redman will be nothing more than a back up throughout his career as many have pointed out since Day 1. This move would likely require drafting a RB NLT than Round 3 to get a good one.

    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...fer-salary-cap

    Pretty stupid on Redman's part not to have already signed the offer. He must have the same agent as James Harrison.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not a bad idea if it helps them get a healthy Bradshaw. Redman will be nothing more than a back up throughout his career as many have pointed out since Day 1. This move would likely require drafting a RB NLT than Round 3 to get a good one.

    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...fer-salary-cap

    Pretty stupid on Redman's part not to have already signed the offer. He must have the same agent as James Harrison.
    I think that would be the wise thing to do if they want to sign Bradshaw. Redman got ZERO interest and like I have been saying, he is going to be 29...We have seen who he is. He should have knocked Dwyer out of the door to sign his tender but he didn't. Pull his tender, sign Bradshaw, and draft another. Redman will be on the street IF they want/need him and he might have to come back for vet min which is less.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128
    hmm... I'm getting the feeling some of our players aren't happy with the FO moves lately. I wonder if the BA firing had a bigger impact than we expected... you go from an OC everyone BUT the fans loved to a guy that maybe no one BUT the FO loves.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,352
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    hmm... I'm getting the feeling some of our players aren't happy with the FO moves lately. I wonder if the BA firing had a bigger impact than we expected... you go from an OC everyone BUT the fans loved to a guy that maybe no one BUT the FO loves.
    Or you go to an Off Coord who isn't your buddy and lets you know that you need to perform to a higher standard than you have been and he isn't going to kiss your backside. We all believe that the offense underachieved under Arians and I'm sure the pressure in on from haley.

    I don't see Haley letting the players sit in a comfoort zone and there are mariginal player like Redman I'm sure he let know that they were replaceable. Sometimes in life the teacher you hated the most in school is the one who prepared you best for life and success.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Or you go to an Off Coord who isn't your buddy and lets you know that you need to perform to a higher standard than you have been and he isn't going to kiss your backside. We all believe that the offense underachieved under Arians and I'm sure the pressure in on from haley.

    I don't see Haley letting the players sit in a comfoort zone and there are mariginal player like Redman I'm sure he let know that they were replaceable. Sometimes in life the teacher you hated the most in school is the one who prepared you best for life and success.
    that's bullchit... you say that now but if players keep leaving and production keeps suffering under Haley I think you will change your tune. Whether you want to admit it or not an OC needs to win players over.

    This isn't a movie... Haley needs to show me he can win players over talented players.

  6. #6
    Most of these guys do not sign their tenders until the restricted free agency period ends. Dwyer signing early was the exception, not the rule. I also believe that these tenders are not guaranteed, so there is really no reason for a player to sign a non-guaranteed tender early that forecloses seeking employment elsewhere on more favorable terms.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,459
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Most of these guys do not sign their tenders until the restricted free agency period ends. Dwyer signing early was the exception, not the rule. I also believe that these tenders are not guaranteed, so there is really no reason for a player to sign a non-guaranteed tender early that forecloses seeking employment elsewhere on more favorable terms.
    Once a team submits a RFA tender it is held against the teams rule 51 even if unsigned. It becomes guranteed once signed and the team can not pull the tender. If the Steelers want to maintain rights..His 1.3 mil counts aginst the cap. With the current Steelers RB situation and Redman, Dwyer, & Mendy playing below the line in 2012...It would have been wise on his part to sign early and show commitment. The Steelers showed some by even offering that to him. If he thought he could use leverage against the Steelers by getting an offer somewhere else...He was mistaken.



  8. #8
    I'd have no problem with his tender being yanked. I don't think that his production as a backup would be difficult to replace.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Once a team submits a RFA tender it is held against the teams rule 51 even if unsigned. It becomes guranteed once signed and the team can not pull the tender. If the Steelers want to maintain rights..His 1.3 mil counts aginst the cap. With the current Steelers RB situation and Redman, Dwyer, & Mendy playing below the line in 2012...It would have been wise on his part to sign early and show commitment. The Steelers showed some by even offering that to him. If he thought he could use leverage against the Steelers by getting an offer somewhere else...He was mistaken.
    Does it become guaranteed? It was my understanding that the Steelers could cut Redman or Dwyer in camp and that their salary would not be guaranteed. Is that incorrect?

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,459
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Does it become guaranteed? It was my understanding that the Steelers could cut Redman or Dwyer in camp and that their salary would not be guaranteed. Is that incorrect?
    Perhaps someone could clarify. My understanding is if a tender is signed...It is guranteed. Obviously once signed it can not be withdrawn. If a tender is unsigned...It still counts under rule 51 unless withdrawn. If withdrawn, he becomes an URFA. If he doesn't sign it in the next week or so, he can only sign with the Steelers to play in the 2013 league year. Come June 1st, there are different things that could happen if the tender remains unsigned where the Steelers could withdraw and offer another number while retaining his rights. To answer your question, I do believe any RFA tender including right of first refusal is guranteed in that league year once signed.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •