Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Harrison hates Steelers now"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Couldn't agree more 85.

It's been a tough one with what has happened with Harrison. Would've liked him to stay with Pittsburgh. But the business is a beast. It's a shame the two sides couldn't agree. But Pittsburgh gave Harrison his shot in the League, so I find it hard to believe he hates them as much as Dunlap says he does.

Until Deebo says it himself, it's just another Bengal player sayin' something stupid.
    Since the talks between Deebo and the Bengals seem to be breaking down, maybe this is a great way that the Bengals can help burn any bridge that might take him back. I don't think it's likely, but we're only looking at media reports. I also have James on my FB and he's been nothing but cool. This is a guy who has spoken out against the Commissioner of the NFL and the President of the United States. I don't think he'd be afraid to say what he thinks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    James has never been shy about saying what he feels. Therefore, I will believe this when it comes out of his mouth ... not some slimey Bungle's player.

Ovi, maybe you should consider the source before believing some of this crap.
    My feelings exactly when I first read this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still think this is all leverage to use against Dansby. Harrison just doesn't fit to me. The Bengals decorated for the Harrison party but when it came to discuss numbers they served him cheese & crackers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison doesn't hate the Steelers, but if he signs with another team and we play that team I'm sure his motivation would be off the charts to do well against us. Likewise The Steelers don't hate James either, they offered him a fair and reasonable contract considering their cap issues and his age. He thought he could get more or close to what he was going to make this season but found out different, in the meantime the Steelers signed Foster, got a deal done with Foote, Gay, and now Sanders.
    If james would of accepted the original offer the Steelers may not have been able to sign these other players and give tenders to ones they wanted to keep.

I don't fault James or the Steelers in this matter, but I think Harrison and his agent made a mistake with the orginal offer. When they realized they made the wrong decision it was too late as the Steelers committed to signing their other players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Ovi, you never liked Harrison when he was a member of the Steelers, likely because he is a key cog in a defensive system that you despise. You were predicting his downfall for years before it happened.
    yes. its all about me and my hate for our defense. really?????

Don't forget how Harrison is a victim of an exploitative system in the NFL and how I abuse old people because I think LeBeau needs to be more willing to change.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-17-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    yes. its all about me and my hate for our defense. really?????

Don't forget how Harrison is a victim of an exploitative system in the NFL and how I abuse old people because I think LeBeau needs to be more willing to change.
    For somebody who claims to be dispassionate about the players, you've directed a lot of negative energy towards Harrison...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    For somebody who claims to be dispassionate about the players, you've directed a lot of negative energy towards Harrison...
    I am passionate when I perceive that a player rejects the organization because to me it is all about the organization because that is what has provided the great NFL experience for me since I started watching the NFL in about 1970 at a preseason game my father took me to in Forbes Field. I totally believe in the old fashioned notion that "its about the name on the front of the jersey not the one on the back."

Now I'm sure you will come back with the argument of what about when the organization rejects the player so isn't it all right for the player to reject the organization. Sure it is, but I'll still side with the organization because I'm confident they have the long term view whereas the player has the short term view.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I am passionate when I perceive that a player rejects the organization because to me it is all about the organization because that is what has provided the great NFL experience for me since I started watching the NFL in about 1970 at a preseason game my father took me to in Forbes Field. I totally believe in the old fashioned notion that "its about the name on the front of the jersey not the one on the back."

Now I'm sure you will come back with the argument of what about when the organization rejects the player so isn't it all right for the player to reject the organization. Sure it is, but I'll still side with the organization because I'm confident they have the long term view whereas the player has the short term view.
    I can respect that...

but I can't respect revisionist history.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate Harrison if he isn't a Steeler. I appreciate the memories, but as soon as he's gone, he's Ray Lewis to me. I'll still follow his career and stuff, but that's just cause I'm a glutton for punishment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I hate Harrison if he isn't a Steeler. I appreciate the memories, but as soon as he's gone, he's Ray Lewis to me. I'll still follow his career and stuff, but that's just cause I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Ditto, except I could care less about his career if he isn't wearing Black and Gold. Guy could fall into the Black Hole of Calcutta and I wouldn't care. I root for the Steelers not a player beyond what he can do to benefit the Steelers.