Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Harrison hates Steelers now"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ditto, except I could care less about his career if he isn't wearing Black and Gold. Guy could fall into the Black Hole of Calcutta and I wouldn't care. I root for the Steelers not a player beyond what he can do to benefit the Steelers.
    Even in different cloth, if I see James, I'm gonna remember his SuperBowl Pic6. It's the nostalgia that'll make me watch him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not me. As long as his success doesn't hurt the Steelers in any way I would wish him well in gratitude for bringing us our 6th Lombardi, and for everything else he did for us. Now, if he's playing us, or for a team we need to lose, then no warm fuzzies at those times. But, I still have (diminishing ) hopes that he'll stay in the B&G).

You guys really feel that way? You really do hate Franco, Joey Porter, Kevin Greene, Woodson and others because they put on another uniform after wearing the B&G?

Related question ... what about Foote, BMac, Gay, Randle-El, etc. ... did you hate them when they left? And did you start loving them again (apologies to Merle Haggard) the day they came back? Hey, Plex is in that boat right now ... where does he stand now that he's back?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Not me. As long as his success doesn't hurt the Steelers in any way I would wish him well in gratitude for bringing us our 6th Lombardi, and for everything else he did for us. Now, if he's playing us, or for a team we need to lose, then no warm fuzzies at those times. But, I still have (diminishing ) hopes that he'll stay in the B&G).

You guys really feel that way? You really do hate Franco, Joey Porter, Kevin Greene, Woodson and others because they put on another uniform after wearing the B&G?

Related question ... what about Foote, BMac, Gay, Randle-El, etc. ... did you hate them when they left? And did you start loving them again (apologies to Merle Haggard) the day they came back? Hey, Plex is in that boat right now ... where does he stand now that he's back?
    I'm with you. As long as he is not playing against the Steelers, I will absolutely root for James Harrison. He was my favorite player on the team and he had some amazing games, and left me with a lot of great memories. If he's playing against the Steelers, I'd certainly rather he not knock Ben into oblivion, but if he's not playing against the Steelers, I'll absolutely root for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't hate them but quit caring about them as NFL players the minute they left. And the ones that came back I started caring about because their efforts mattered again.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Very good questions and line of thinking... It's exactly how I felt, but, hadn't taken the time to peice together the thoughts...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Starter

User Info Menu

I just can't flip a switch and not give a damn because a player leaves. As long as they aren't playing against us I'm still a fan.

Another AS masterpiece.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It depends on the player for me. I really had no strong opinion on Foote, BMac. I don't like Gay and hated ARE. I was disappointed to see Plex go, but still rooted for him and Porter, John Kuhn, Willie Williams, and Mark Bruener. I agree though, if they play against the Steelers I hope they get their a&s beat.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm in the camp saying that I'll believe it when it I hear it from Silverback himself. Don't see the need to believe 2nd hand hearsay from a friggin Bungle.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont hate, but I DO NOT wish them success. Because the greater THEIR success the worse the decision to let him go.

Hey NOBODY was more pro sign Harrison than me.
    But now that he is gone I dont want him to suceed elsewhere.
    It would only make me more sick that he was let go.

You mention Franco. I was GLAD he struggled in Seattle, because it meant WE MADE THE RIGHT CALL.

I was a fan of Franco THE STEELER, could care less about Franco the Seahawk.

Ditto Harrison, Wallace, Lewis, or any other former Steeler.
    I WANT to be wrong if it means the team made the right move

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I dont hate, but I DO NOT wish them success. Because the greater THEIR success the worse the decision to let him go.

Hey NOBODY was more pro sign Harrison than me.
    But now that he is gone I dont want him to suceed elsewhere.
    It would only make me more sick that he was let go.

You mention Franco. I was GLAD he struggled in Seattle, because it meant WE MADE THE RIGHT CALL.

I was a fan of Franco THE STEELER, could care less about Franco the Seahawk.

Ditto Harrison, Wallace, Lewis, or any other former Steeler.
    I WANT to be wrong if it means the team made the right move
    I'd even go as far as to say Woodson going into the HOF acting like he was a Steeler was a little irritating. Loved him while he was here. But then he left and helped Baltimore win a SuperBowl and meh.

I really liked the guy. But he was gone soooo long, he didn't feel like a Steeler. Guys like Franco or Webby leaving for another season to hang on didnt bother me cause they were so short and they were hanging on too long. But Woodson bugged me that he left with so much left.