Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Harrison hates Steelers now"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    That's how the Steelers ended the dynasty of the '70s. They rode out their stars until there was nothing left instead of slowly moving them along little by little and replenishing before waiting until the cupboard was bare.

As a direct result, we had the Steelers of the '80s. Sometimes you have to make the decision to move players along a season or two too early rather than risk waiting a season or two too late.
    NICE REVISIONIST HISTORY.....Not true though. Franco for example:

Sydney Thorton drafted 2nd round
    Russel Davis drafted 4th round
    Greg Hawthorne drafted first round
    And Walter Abercrobie FIRST ROUND NUMBER 12 overall 82 draft

We tried to draft Francos heir without success FOR YEARS before he was done.

Problem was not hanging on too long, it was drafting the WRONG players to replace them.

Had we drafted Sammy Winder or even better Gerald Riggs instead of Abercrombie, whole different story
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-18-2013 at 04:21 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree except for Wallace... I'm happy he got his money but I don't want to see Miami win through FA riches... I prefer to see them struggle and realize you shouldn't overpay our WR's. LOL..
    Don't get me wrong. I didn't say I wanted to see Miami win. I said I want to see Mike Wallace make the pro-bowl. Big difference. Let him have the SportsCenter play of the week every week as long as the Steelers are winning football games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bengals James Harrison may not hate Steelers, but they do motivate him

By SteelCityRoller on May 16 2013

The former defensive player of the year is starting to get comfortable in his new uniform, enough so to finally admit an ego bruised by his former employer.

While most of the NFL world found themselves entranced by James Harrison expressing his touchy-feely side when addressing the media officially for the first time as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals, eventually someone had to go and toss salt in what was supposed to be an old wound.

Evidently, it does still sting a little bit.

Once the Pittsburgh Steelers released him after he refused to renegotiate his contract to a 30 percent decrease, Harrison's agent tried to shop the player to every team. The only sincere suitors came from his former team's division rivals. After failing to squeeze an offer out of the Baltimore Ravens, the Bengals decided to take a look. They must have liked what they saw, because he will be a starting member of their defense in 2013.

Most people took his tour of the AFC North as an intentional jab at his former team, as confirmation of comments out of Cincinnati which claimed Harrison hated his former employer. Harrison spoke for himself soon after, to deny such hatred; and even now, he recognized the business aspect of the situation, but acknowledges it does burn at him still.

As if the Bengals and Steelers needed any added motivation during their contests, Harrison will be looking to make his former team pay for not paying.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/5/16/4331144/bengals-james-harrison-comments-steelers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Bengals James Harrison may not hate Steelers, but they do motivate him

By SteelCityRoller on May 16 2013

The former defensive player of the year is starting to get comfortable in his new uniform, enough so to finally admit an ego bruised by his former employer.

While most of the NFL world found themselves entranced by James Harrison expressing his touchy-feely side when addressing the media officially for the first time as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals, eventually someone had to go and toss salt in what was supposed to be an old wound.

Evidently, it does still sting a little bit.

Once the Pittsburgh Steelers released him after he refused to renegotiate his contract to a 30 percent decrease, Harrison's agent tried to shop the player to every team. The only sincere suitors came from his former team's division rivals. After failing to squeeze an offer out of the Baltimore Ravens, the Bengals decided to take a look. They must have liked what they saw, because he will be a starting member of their defense in 2013.

Most people took his tour of the AFC North as an intentional jab at his former team, as confirmation of comments out of Cincinnati which claimed Harrison hated his former employer. Harrison spoke for himself soon after, to deny such hatred; and even now, he recognized the business aspect of the situation, but acknowledges it does burn at him still.

As if the Bengals and Steelers needed any added motivation during their contests, Harrison will be looking to make his former team pay for not paying.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/5/16/4331144/bengals-james-harrison-comments-steelers[/URL]
    It's a weird motivator. In a sense, Cincy is paying him less than the Steelers would have. So shouldn't he be a little mad at the Bengals? I bet he wouldn't piss on his agent if he was on fire.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It's a weird motivator. In a sense, Cincy is paying him less than the Steelers would have. So shouldn't he be a little mad at the Bengals? I bet he wouldn't piss on his agent if he was on fire.
    He just went to Cincy to have a place to play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Harrison, and/or, his agent, was pretty much their own worst enemy in this case. Harrison is the one who can choose to make it personal or not. Suggest the Steelers line up a tight end on his side when they play the Bengals to avoid the killshot on Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hopefully our left tackle can hold Harrison as much as other teams left tackles did when he played for us. That's probably the only way Gilbert or Adams will have a chance against him.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

James Harrison 'rushing more' for Cincinnati Bengals?

By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: May 30, 2013

The Pittsburgh Steelers let James Harrison walk, but the Cincinnati Bengals believe the veteran pass rusher still has something left.

So does Harrison, who says too much has been made about his switch from Dick LeBeau's 3-4 defense to Mike Zimmer's 4-3.

"It's really not that much of a difference," Harrison told the team's official website. "Actually, with some of the stuff they're doing now, it looks like I may be rushing a little more than I had in previous years. I think I'll be covering a little less here."

It's not just the scheme fit that raises questions about Harrison's role with the Bengals. Unlike the Steelers, the Bengals draw their pass rush almost entirely from its defensive line. Defensive tackle Geno Atkins led the unit with 12.5 takedowns while Michael Johnson notched 11.5 sacks from the end position. The top six sack-getters for the Bengals were up front.

Harrison, an outside linebacker, doesn't fit the mold, but Zimmer is one of the game's most creative defensive play-callers. We trust he'll find ways to set Harrison free.

"(Zimmer) is doing some things that will hopefully get me some one-on-ones with a lot of interior linemen," he said. "Let the guys who were here continue to do the outside rushing that they were doing."

It's a no-lose situation for this young defense. Harrison didn't break the bank, and he's hungry to show the Steelers they've made a rare error in judgment. We won't have to wait long for that: The Bengals host the Steelers in Week 2.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000207892/article/james-harrison-rushing-more-for-cincinnati-bengals[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

...they've made a rare error in judgment.
    By "they", you mean Harrison and his agent, right?

Legend

User Info Menu

James Harrison 'rushing more' for Cincinnati Bengals?

By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: May 30, 2013

The Pittsburgh Steelers let James Harrison walk, but the Cincinnati Bengals believe the veteran pass rusher still has something left.

So does Harrison, who says too much has been made about his switch from Dick LeBeau's 3-4 defense to Mike Zimmer's 4-3.

"It's really not that much of a difference," Harrison told the team's official website. "Actually, with some of the stuff they're doing now, it looks like I may be rushing a little more than I had in previous years. I think I'll be covering a little less here."

It's not just the scheme fit that raises questions about Harrison's role with the Bengals. Unlike the Steelers, the Bengals draw their pass rush almost entirely from its defensive line. Defensive tackle Geno Atkins led the unit with 12.5 takedowns while Michael Johnson notched 11.5 sacks from the end position. The top six sack-getters for the Bengals were up front.

Harrison, an outside linebacker, doesn't fit the mold, but Zimmer is one of the game's most creative defensive play-callers. We trust he'll find ways to set Harrison free.

"(Zimmer) is doing some things that will hopefully get me some one-on-ones with a lot of interior linemen," he said. "Let the guys who were here continue to do the outside rushing that they were doing."

It's a no-lose situation for this young defense. Harrison didn't break the bank, and he's hungry to show the Steelers they've made a rare error in judgment. We won't have to wait long for that: The Bengals host the Steelers in Week 2.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000207892/article/james-harrison-rushing-more-for-cincinnati-bengals[/URL]

who's the dipsh!t that wrote this trash?

he's hungry to show the Steelers they've made a rare error in judgment.

didnt harrision walk away from the steelers and didnt the steelers have enoughn faith in harrision that they offered harrsion a much larger deal than the bungals gave him?