Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger leading the way at workouts

Starter

User Info Menu

Ummm...WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ben - “It’s important for us to know if we want to be the best we can be it starts now" - this is clearly Ben's way of stabbing Haley in the back and showing how he doesn't have confidence in him!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Ummm...WTF???
    I may be wrong, but I figured the OP was just being funny in the same way that everything that Ben says is somehow interpreted as him trying to take a shot at Haley, so this must be construed that way as well. Perhaps it was just an emoticon away from us realizing that.

Legend

User Info Menu

This whole thing isn't as big a stretch as some make it out to be. Ben has long been the biggest supporter/leader of the Oline. Going so far as to state on the podium while holding the Lombardi "who's laughing now Oline?" So that is 5 guys who already follow him. Heath doesn't seem like the type who require much maintenance, so that is 6. As far as receivers go, whoever gets the ball loves the QB, whoever doesn't won't like the QB. The bigger issue in my mind would be the separation between O and D, and I don't hear much about that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I may be wrong, but I figured the OP was just being funny in the same way that everything that Ben says is somehow interpreted as him trying to take a shot at Haley, so this must be construed that way as well. Perhaps it was just an emoticon away from us realizing that.
    I figured the same.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Leadership is highly over-rated....one win last season and Steelers are in play-offs. No one will be talking about leadership.

Big Ben was also present for voluntary workouts last season...nothing new here...Hopefully AB84 and Sanders are cured from fumbilitis.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Kraken - fan in T.O. and Ruthless are correct. I was goofing on how every little thing Ben says or does is construed in a negative light, even the good stuff he does gets turned upside down. I figured I was just beating someone to the punch. I'm a Big Ben fan and think the Haley stuff is ridiculous and a total non-issue. Without Ben, this team goes nowhere. And he was having a career year with Haley b/f the injury. No reason not to believe they can work magic together.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ron Cook: Big Ben set to atone for 2012

April 19, 2013
    By Ron Cook / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Just about every NFL analyst is predicting gloom and doom for the Steelers next season. The team has lost seven starters from an 8-8 team in 2012. It's hard for the pundits to find a reason for optimism. But they all offer the same caveat.

"Pittsburgh still has a franchise quarterback. You can't ever count 'em out because of that."

That is a lot of pressure on one guy.

I asked Ben Roethlisberger about it Thursday when he stopped by to do an hour of our radio show, "Vinnie and Cook," on 93.7 The Fan.

"I've been working out for a long time," Roethlisberger said. "I only took seven days off after the last game.

That's the earliest I ever started back. I'm in great shape ...

"We just started our voluntary offseason workouts. This is the earliest I've come to those. I want to be there so those guys can see me. I want them to know that I want to be the guy this year that's ready to go and lead them. I want to get us back to a Super Bowl."

Sounded like the man isn't losing much sleep because of the pressure.

"I'm fine with people saying we're going to be terrible. 'Let's overlook them,' " Roethlisberger said. "I like that. I like being the hunter. It's kind of a fun place to be."

Roethlisberger is in a much better spot than he was after last season when the Steelers missed the playoffs for just the third time in his nine seasons as quarterback. He still takes the blame because he threw hurtful interceptions late in losses to the Dallas Cowboys and Cincinnati Bengals late in the season. The Cincinnati game still troubles him. At least he played well in Dallas. He was bad in the home game against the Bengals, start to finish. A win in that game and the Steelers would have been in the postseason.

"It killed me, to let your team down, the fans down, your coaches. To feel like it's all your fault," Roethlisberger said. "But what you have to do as a quarterback and as a professional is you have to let that burn at you

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/ron-cook-big-ben-set-to-atone-for-2012-684130/#ixzz2RE9xUbCe[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Maybe the chip is back on his shoulder.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben can't win with some fans; if he's running workouts and getting the team together he's posing and if he's at his Georgia home fishing with Bruce Arians he's a lazy quarterback that should be watching film. There is no in between with fans and Ben, it was the same with Bradshaw, some thought he had the IQ of a rock and others loved his down home aw shucks style and his never say die attitude on the field. One thing is for sure, when both quarterbacks are winning you don't hear a whole lot of negative Nancys.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

For Roethlisberger to be at his best and most dangerous, he needs a supporting run game and I just don't see that happening in 2013 (it certainly can't be worse than last season, but i don't see how there will be a major advance).