Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Steelers reasoning for letting Lewis go...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    at times, i do envy those of you that can feel this way

......... must be a glass half empty kinda guy......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think that glass bottle was smashed against the wall the day Tomlin was hired.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I'm going to say that 6-10 is a real possibility next year... largely because of the question marks scattered all over both sides of the ball. A lot of this largely depends on what happens before the 1st pre season game.. and the FO will shoulder the balk of the burden (in my opinion) if next year goes the way of 6-10.
    What's the problem with the offense? We aren't running as well as I would like but Bell was a rookie and we had a patchwork OL all season. I could see if we gave the OL coach a raise but we gave him a pink slip. Ben is healthy, Heath will be healthy, AB is a beast, Cotch is solid, Sanders may walk but we have a 2nd rounder who should contribute and we always find value at WR in the draft.

Defense is a concern and I believe we will address most of our needs in the draft or FA.

I don't think the first preseason will have any bearing on our regular season unless we lose 3 or 4 starters for the year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

just realistic
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I personally thought they didn't offer him a contract because he wanted to go home & play for his hometown team. I didn't fault him. If I ever made it to the NFL & had a chance to play for the Steelers...I would go there for an idiotic discount. If Lewis "didn't" go home & would of stayed....The FO can take a WTF were you thinking! For as hard it has been for the Steelers to find and/or develop good CBs...Colbert deserves a "Pie Smash, Nut Tap, Bitch Slap" on this one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Obviously our last off season and the start of our season I hated the direction of this team. It has gotten better with the 6-2 at the end but we wee still outdone by the likes of good teams and bad teams. Where do you set the bar with knowing what we could possibly obtain ? If Tomlin has another season opener loss I will be ticked. That will be four in a row if I'm correct and that now is on the coach especially when your losing your home openers to scrub teams.