Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Steelers reasoning for letting Lewis go...

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    6-10 is very possible for next year.
    As is 10-6 ... which would you rather?

Legend
    6-10 is very possible for next year.
    Most Tomlin detractors predicted 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 this year after the 0-4 start.

We finished the season 6-2 and missed the playoffs by inches. It wasnt a great year or even a good year but a season we thought was over after 4 games turned into a season we watched until the last game on Sunday.

7 years into Tomlins career and we haven't had a losing season yet.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Most Tomlin detractors predicted 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 this year after the 0-4 start.

We finished the season 6-2 and missed the playoffs by inches. It wasnt a great year or even a good year but a season we thought was over after 4 games turned into a season we watched until the last game on Sunday.

And, I'd bet his job is safe past 2014 regardless of the won/loss record, the only ones saying he's on the hot seat are those that wish he was never hired.

Pappy

1.22) Dante Fowler, OLB, UF
    2.56) PJ Williams, CB, FSU
    3.87) Ben Koyack, TE, ND
    4.120) Kurtis Drummond, FS, MSU
    5.152) David Johnson, RB, North Iowa
    6.183) Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St.
    7.214) Lynden Trail, OLB, Norfolk St.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    And, I'd bet his job is safe past 2014 regardless of the won/loss record, the only ones saying he's on the hot seat are those that wish he was never hired.

Pappy
    The voice of wisdom/moderation ... often goes unheard in this day and age

"sure did.
    as cowhers players leave, tomlins winning decreases"

This is a fact. I think next year will tell the tale. I think the Rooney's would agree too...by saying that "Tomlin's job is safe thru 2014"
    You are placing that in quotes as if someone in a position with the Steelers actually said that...

It didn't happen...it was reported by Ian "I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Roethlisberger requested a trade" Rapoport...

Starter

Can you honestly look at the current roster situation (ie aging players, lack of depth, salary cap, strength of divisional opponents, etc) and tell me that 6-10 next year is not a real possibility?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You are placing that in quotes as if someone in a position with the Steelers actually said that...

It didn't happen...it was reported by Ian "I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Roethlisberger requested a trade" Rapoport...

I stand corrected then slap.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    As is 10-6 ... which would you rather?

That's a dumb question. If it were up to me, I'd like to go undefeated every year and win the SB..

Hall of Famer
    That is my prediction for next year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

and most tomlin apologists predict 12-4, 14-2, 13-3 and 11-5 before the last couple seasons started. we had a terrible first round exit to tebow and then havent made the playoffs in 2 years. 7 years under tomlin and we havent made the playoffs in 3 of those, (including 2 in a row) and havent had a winning season the past 2.
    1) Alex Carter CB
    2) Nate Orchard OLB
    3) Anthony Harris S
    4) Jesse James TE
    5) David Johnson RB
    6)
    7)