Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Steelers reasoning for letting Lewis go...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    6-10 is very possible for next year.
    As is 10-6 ... which would you rather?

Legend

User Info Menu

6-10 is very possible for next year.
    Most Tomlin detractors predicted 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 this year after the 0-4 start.

We finished the season 6-2 and missed the playoffs by inches. It wasnt a great year or even a good year but a season we thought was over after 4 games turned into a season we watched until the last game on Sunday.

7 years into Tomlins career and we haven't had a losing season yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Most Tomlin detractors predicted 4-12, 5-11, 6-10 this year after the 0-4 start.

We finished the season 6-2 and missed the playoffs by inches. It wasnt a great year or even a good year but a season we thought was over after 4 games turned into a season we watched until the last game on Sunday.

And, I'd bet his job is safe past 2014 regardless of the won/loss record, the only ones saying he's on the hot seat are those that wish he was never hired.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    And, I'd bet his job is safe past 2014 regardless of the won/loss record, the only ones saying he's on the hot seat are those that wish he was never hired.

Pappy
    The voice of wisdom/moderation ... often goes unheard in this day and age

Rookie

User Info Menu

"sure did.
    as cowhers players leave, tomlins winning decreases"

This is a fact. I think next year will tell the tale. I think the Rooney's would agree too...by saying that "Tomlin's job is safe thru 2014"
    You are placing that in quotes as if someone in a position with the Steelers actually said that...

It didn't happen...it was reported by Ian "I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Roethlisberger requested a trade" Rapoport...

Legend

User Info Menu

Can you honestly look at the current roster situation (ie aging players, lack of depth, salary cap, strength of divisional opponents, etc) and tell me that 6-10 next year is not a real possibility?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    You are placing that in quotes as if someone in a position with the Steelers actually said that...

It didn't happen...it was reported by Ian "I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Roethlisberger requested a trade" Rapoport...

I stand corrected then slap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    As is 10-6 ... which would you rather?

That's a dumb question. If it were up to me, I'd like to go undefeated every year and win the SB..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is my prediction for next year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

and most tomlin apologists predict 12-4, 14-2, 13-3 and 11-5 before the last couple seasons started. we had a terrible first round exit to tebow and then havent made the playoffs in 2 years. 7 years under tomlin and we havent made the playoffs in 3 of those, (including 2 in a row) and havent had a winning season the past 2.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown