Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers reasoning for letting Lewis go...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    speaking of ego...lol.

Didn't we go to a SB in 2011?
    sure did.
    as cowhers players leave, tomlins winning decreases
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    sure did.
    as cowhers players leave, tomlins winning decreases
    Oh... so the last 2 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe I missed it but I didnt see anything that suggested he took less money. Regardless... we had a chance to make an offer and didn't. Maybe he says no but at least it shows we are interested. Without an offer it leaves the door open for Lewis to say "I was shocked they didn't even attempt to make an offer"

As far as his love for the Saints.. c'mon. Larry Fitzgerald said this:
    I grew up a Vikings fan and I would be lying to you if I didn’t say I was still a Vikings fan. Growing up in Minnesota it’s second nature. I still pull for them when I’m not playing them. A lot of my closest friends in the NFL are Vikings. I’m close with (Everson) Griffen, Jared Allen, Phil (Loadholt), [URL="http://bleacherreport.com/adrian-peterson"]Adrian Peterson[/URL], Kyle Rudolph. You pull for your friends.

Cam Newton said this: "I've always been a Falcons fan, and I'm still a Falcons fan except for those two times a year [when the Panthers play Atlanta."

Every player in the NFL has a favorite team they grew up cheering for but if a team drafts them and gives them a contract offer BEFORE their favorite team makes them a great offer they will take it.

We messed up, it happens but it's OKAY to admit we screwed the pooch with the FO in cap hell and thinking Allen was/is better than Lewis.
    My thoughts exactly. It's foolish to think that Kennan Lewis is the first player in the NFL to have strong feelings about a particular team... yet play for another team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh... so the last 2 years.
    the team has been in decline since tomlin arrived
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Backup

User Info Menu

I get that you want to make a point about the trajectory of the team. However, blanket statements that fly in the face of facts only undermine your credibility. For example, the team has gone to two SBs under Tomlin. If that is your definition of "decline", there are plenty of fanbases that would love to be in decline. Now, if you had said that the team has been in decline for the last 3 years or so; as vets have aged and replacements have learned and sometimes floundered ... well, it would at least make your point more credible

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Evidently, he has felt this way and also let teams know that NO was his ultimate destination even coming out of the senior bowl. I'm not sure why the Steelers drafted him knowing this, obviously, he's a talented CB, and I believe had he shown the level of play in the year prior to his last year with the Steelers they would have offered him a contract extension with a year to go on his contract rather than allowing him to hit free agency. Would that have changed his mind about NO? No way of knowing. However, security is a very attractive benefit for football players and had the Steelers made him a nice extension offer with reasonable guaranteed money he may not have been able to turn it down.

Water under the bridge at this point, the Steelers need to draft a CB this year, IMO.

Pappy
    Thanks pappy for your reply. Isn't it something how no one cares about this thread with the lack of rambling and non issues to discuss ? You would think the Steeler season is over and we were just kicking around potentials for the fun of being fans

Legend

User Info Menu

"sure did.
    as cowhers players leave, tomlins winning decreases"

This is a fact. I think next year will tell the tale. I think the Rooney's would agree too...by saying that "Tomlin's job is safe thru 2014"
    Last edited by Ernie; 01-15-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

you sound nuts... last 2 or 3 years we have been on a decline but thats ONLY because we were in a SB in 2011. You can't deline your way to a SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    "sure did.
    as cowhers players leave, tomlins winning decreases"

This is a fact. I think next year will tell the tale. I think the Rooney's would agree too...by saying that "Tomlin's job is safe thru 2014"
    12 wins.. 8 wins.. 8 wins..

Trust me, it could be much worse... we could go 6-10 like Cowher.

Legend

User Info Menu

12 wins.. 8 wins.. 8 wins..

Trust me, it could be much worse... we could go 6-10 like Cowher.
    6-10 is very possible for next year.