Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio host Mark Madden shreds the Steelers

Pro Bowler
    Wow, all this doom and gloom over an 8-8 season.
    Imagine if we had a losing season?

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I heard Madden talk this same crap on the radio last week I guess. All it did was remind me that Crash and droid could be Madden. All three said the same crap over and over again.
    Crash don't defend Cowher, so I doubt it.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Wow, all this doom and gloom over an 8-8 season.
    Imagine if we had a losing season?
    I've heard many people on here wishing that we lost the last game against Cleveland in order to ensure a losing record and thereby secure a higher draft pick. Personally, I root for my team to win (especially against a division rival like that Browns), even if we are eliminated from playoff contention.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I've heard many people on here wishing that we lost the last game against Cleveland in order to ensure a losing record and thereby secure a higher draft pick. Personally, I root for my team to win (especially against a division rival like that Browns), even if we are eliminated from playoff contention.
    Agreed. It's never cool to lose. Especially to the Browns. I try to see the best in people like that and realize that they are just trying to be strategic.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Agreed. It's never cool to lose. Especially to the Browns. I try to see the best in people like that and realize that they are just trying to be strategic.
    When you begin to play 'strategically' you start down a path that becomes difficult to ethically contain. What if you find your team eliminated from the playoffs by the 12th game of the season? Do you start to pack it in then? Personally, not playing to win a game is extremely distasteful.

Mark Madden @MarkMaddenX:

New ratings just came in, I KILLED IT. Details tomorrow. I am a ***king radio god. All me, no music = overwhelming dominance. #1059theX

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

Backup
    Madden and Florio.

THE WORST.

Madden tries to report Steeler news as if he's still commentating for the WWF or WWE or whatever the H3ll that entertainment company is called these days. While the NFL is entertainment, the sport itself and outcome (at least I'd like to believe) are still determined on the field and not in the locker room prior to the game.

If he gets fans riled up over his insignificant opinion he generates advertising dollars and that's what he's there to do.

Of course the Steeler model is outdated, they've been winning a lot of football games since 1970, that's a long time. However, outdated or not, I'm fairly certain that over that time period the Steelers are the winningest franchise in the NFL. Difficult to read Madden's amateur ranting and accept it as anything but WWF-like and to consider him a Vince McMahon type reporter. Good for him, he has the gig, so he has to keep it fresh.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend
    Do you guys in Pittsburgh really listen to this "boob"? If so, shame on you.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Sorry but I'm having a Bill Tobin moment right now.

Who in the hell is Mark Madden anyhow?