Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm warming back up to Te'o at 17

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm warming back up to Te'o at 17

Before the GF stuff came out, I was firmly driving the Te'o to Steelers bandwagon. We need some new blood, some difference-makers on a defense that lacked them. He seemed a face-of-the-franchise type. Fast forward to the GF stuff, and I washed my hands of the thought (of drafting him). I thought that the GF stuff was a glaring red-flag as to the guy's character, as a deceptive, strange guy.

To today: At this point, I have put my faith in the FO in that if they were to take him, the issues related to his character would have been thoroughly researched and dismissed (i.e. basically, that he is an extremely naive kid... which is no crime). It does seem like the media has discounted the episode as such too.

Now as a player, he is still not without flaws. In an increasingly passing game, he is never going to be Jack Ham as a cover LB. So even at his best, at some point probably sooner than later, you're going to have to pull him on obvious passing downs... essentially making him a 2-down LB. And... the last memory we have of him on the field is stumbling around, trying to evade blocks (which he didn't) and corral Eddie Lacy (which he couldn't).

But in the end, no one can doubt his awesome production at the major D1 level. If you remove the GF drama completely, how can a team with an apparent hole at ILB, overlook possibly the most productive ILB in recent college football history.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the is no way in hell he is worth the 17th pick.

I will be physically ill if we take him there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the is no way in hell he is worth the 17th pick.

I will be physically ill if we take him there.
    Ditto
    Need a ballhawking safety, playmaking WR/TE or a havoc causing OLB in the first

Backup

User Info Menu

You need your head examined

Legend

User Info Menu

it's a need. i'd be ok with it.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Ditto
    Need a ballhawking safety, playmaking WR/TE or a havoc causing OLB in the first
    And that ballhawking safety who is worthy of the 17th overall pick is who? Sorry he doesn't exist in this draft
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Te'o would be a solid pick at 17 and in years to come no one would question it. Look at the level of his play over the 4 years at ND. He got better ever year including areas of deficiency (pass coverage).
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Te'o would be a solid pick at 17 and in years to come no one would question it. Look at the level of his play over the 4 years at ND. He got better ever year including areas of deficiency (pass coverage).
    Agreed. Not my top choice, but, if it's OLB, ILB, WR, RB, S, i have no problem with any of the positions. The team is in the unique position that they can take bpa at any of those positions and feel good about having a starter for years to come... my hope is that the guy they get is impactful
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Lol. ....