Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Agent: Sanders may opt to play year out with Steelers then sign elsewhere

Legend

User Info Menu

matching NEs offer sheet was a mistake.
    sanders will bolt next year for the money. we could have used the extra 3rd rounder for a TE or WR this year. wasting next years third for a 6 year backup qb was ignorant and will really hurt us next draft. our offense sucked last year with sanders and im sure a rookie or league vet minimum FA wr could put up sanders production.
    i will change my tune if the steelers reach a very reasonable contract extension with sanders before the season starts

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    sanders will bolt next year for the money. we could have used the extra 3rd rounder for a TE or WR this year. wasting next years third for a 6 year backup qb was ignorant and will really hurt us next draft. our offense sucked last year with sanders and im sure a rookie or league vet minimum FA wr could put up sanders production.
    i will change my tune if the steelers reach a very reasonable contract extension with sanders before the season starts
    they do need to get him signed but without him this year they would have struggle to find someone. He is better than a thrid round rookie, steelers need to win now but i do understand what you are saying

Legend

User Info Menu

IIRC, we did use a 3rd on a WR (wheaton)... Besides, who knows, it may well have changed the teams thinking, causing them to pass on Jarvis and/or LeVeon... and gone with Codarrelle Patterson or something... I'm perfectly fine with how it played out.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    IIRC, we did use a 3rd on a WR (wheaton)... Besides, who knows, it may well have changed the teams thinking, causing them to pass on Jarvis and/or LeVeon... and gone with Codarrelle Patterson or something... I'm perfectly fine with how it played out.
    Maybe not. I think they take Jones, Bell and Wheaton. And other WR with the extra pick or Shamarko and we still have our 3rd next year. Who knows. But possibly we´d be fine with Brown, Cotchery, Plax, signing Breaston and the rookies.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    Maybe not. I think they take Jones, Bell and Wheaton. And other WR with the extra pick or Shamarko and we still have our 3rd next year. Who knows. But possibly we´d be fine with Brown, Cotchery, Plax, signing Breaston and the rookies.

yup. wait until next year and listen to all the 'real' fans that are falling over themselves with the landry jones pick right now, cry about not having a 3rd rounder while l jones does nothing.
    dysert was there to develop in the 6th round this year

Backup

User Info Menu

yup. wait until next year and listen to all the 'real' fans that are falling over themselves with the landry jones pick right now, cry about not having a 3rd rounder while l jones does nothing.
    dysert was there to develop in the 6th round this year
    Right. I think match the NE´s offer was a mistake. Like I said we´d fine whithout him. About Landry, I agree he´ll barely see the field this year. We sign Gradkowski as primary back up, but we should trust in the FO and hope Landry developes into a great QB
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

You are assuming he will tear it up this season and not miss significant games to injury. Neither is a given with Sanders. He has one good season to his credit, but he also has been injured. Just as easily could be begging the Steelers for that second contract next season if things don't go his way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You are assuming he will tear it up this season and not miss significant games to injury. Neither is a given with Sanders. He has one good season to his credit, but he also has been injured. Just as easily could be begging the Steelers for that second contract next season if things don't go his way.
    that could be just as bad. he has a mediocre season or gets injured and thats very little help to the team this year. overpay for mediocre stats and lose out on the 3rd rounder. i may end up totally wrong on this one, but i think matching was a mistake. i have no problem going on record and stating so. we'll have to wait for a contract extension before season or end of season stat line or after the FA pewrion next year to see who ends up correct on this one. being part of the young money crew, i see sanders pulling a wallass move.

Backup

User Info Menu

that could be just as bad. he has a mediocre season or gets injured and thats very little help to the team this year. overpay for mediocre stats and lose out on the 3rd rounder. i may end up totally wrong on this one, but i think matching was a mistake. i have no problem going on record and stating so. we'll have to wait for a contract extension before season or end of season stat line or after the FA pewrion next year to see who ends up correct on this one. being part of the young money crew, i see sanders pulling a wallass move.

I share your opinion and skepticism, this is what my gut has been telling me as well. I have serious doubts about Sanders ability to stay healthy for an entire season as a starter. He also pulled a power play on the Steelers by signing with the Cheatriots and showed his loyalty is to the highest bidder. Very Wallace-esque like... At the very least Colbert bought the team some stability at WR for a year while the young guys have a chance to develop. I hope ES has a breakout year... but if he does I think he follows in Wallace's footsteps...