Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deebo Conspiracy Theory

Legend

User Info Menu

Regardless of where he plays, I don't look forward to Marcus Gilbert or Mike Adams trying to block an angry James Harrison in 2 games this year. Didn't James absolutely crush Ben once upon a time during Ben's first season at Miami (OH), which also happened to be James' last season at Kent State?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Regardless of where he plays, I don't look forward to Marcus Gilbert or Mike Adams trying to block an angry James Harrison in 2 games this year. Didn't James absolutely crush Ben once upon a time during Ben's first season at Miami (OH), which also happened to be James' last season at Kent State?
    Nothing to worry about. As my daughter pointed out, the Steelers OL should benefit now from the "holding" calls against JH that are never called by the officals.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel View Post
    Nothing to worry about. As my daughter pointed out, the Steelers OL should benefit now from the "holding" calls against JH that are never called by the officals.
    Thank your daughter for giving us all a good prospective

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Thank your daughter for giving us all a good prospective
    I have a feeling our guys will get called for holding him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Steelers were confident that HARRISON would get 15 sacks this season, I really doubt they'd give two poops what Goodell thought
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    All I can say out of any of this is I will not be shocked when Harrison puts up 14 sacks this year while Worilds and Woodley struggle through injuries/fatness, etc.
    Mr. P. You do realize that the Bumgals play a 4-3 defense not a 3-4 don't you? As a OLB in thier defense Harrison will be rushing the QB far less than he ever did in Pittsbught because his primary responsibilities will be playing the run and dropping into coverage. Highly, highly unlikely he gets the number of sacks you predict. As a matter of fact, save this post because I predict that Worilds will have more sacks than Harrison in 2013.

That is why his signing with the Bumgals makes no sense except to stick it to the Steelers by playing for a Division foe.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Mr. P. You do realize that the Bumgals play a 4-3 defense not a 3-4 don't you? As a OLB in thier defense Harrison will be rushing the QB far less than he ever did in Pittsbught because his primary responsibilities will be playing the run and dropping into coverage. Highly, highly unlikely he gets the number of sacks you predict. As a matter of fact, save this post because I predict that Worilds will have more sacks than Harrison in 2013.

That is why his signing with the Bumgals makes no sense except to stick it to the Steelers by playing for a Division foe.
    I agree 100 percent. This move makes no sense for the bengals. Anytime in the pro bowl Harrison just looks out of sorts and ineffective in the 4-3 Def. And I know no oone plays def in probowl but. He is not able to use his leverage nearly as much as he always did coming off the edge. Not a good fit. Now the fact that he is willing to go play a 4-3 tells me how much little interest there is for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Maybe someone can fill me in because I had to miss something. Bengals play a 4-3. Where they projecting Harrison? He is playing like a SAM backer at this point in his career...But If he is going to play 4-3 LB I don't think he gets double digit sacks. I don't know how they would see him as a 4-3 DE. Perhaps the Bengals are just using Harrison to get Dansby's number down. 4 years younger & much better suited to be a 4-3 OLB but I heard his number is alot higher. Be interesting to see how this plays out and where he does play.
    Thanks O. I don't think we both would have missed something. I didn't think the Bengals were switching to a 3-4.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I have a feeling our guys will get called for holding him.
    This is kind've like the unstoppable force against the immovable object! A line that always gets flagged for holding against a linebacker that never gets the holding calls. The official's heads will explode !!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Thanks O. I don't think we both would have missed something. I didn't think the Bengals were switching to a 3-4.
    Sorry to rrepeat your post. Didn't see it and the Bumgals aren't switching. Harrison will be a square peg getting put into a a round hole. Thirty other teams got it right. Because he signs with the Bumgals doesn't mean those other thirty teams are wrong regardless of what the man love emotion leads many to believe.

BTW, your Plan B draft is a good one.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"