Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Annual PlanetSteelers Board Mock Draft (2013 commentary thread)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    ok, but wouldn't you expect the Jags to get trade humped by BB?

I made the change in the other thread.
    Yeah, but this isn't Belichick and Caldwell dealing...it's steelblood and steelblood. The best way to ensure that the deal is favorable to both of your steelblood teams is to have the numbers work out as close as possible according to the chart (even if some NFL teams in real life never consult that chart at all, it's useful for our purposes). And either way, the fine print details of that trade won't impact the outcome of this mock, since we are only going up to round 3 anyway.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, but this isn't Belichick and Caldwell dealing...it's steelblood and steelblood. The best way to ensure that the deal is favorable to both of your steelblood teams is to have the numbers work out as close as possible according to the chart (even if some NFL teams in real life never consult that chart at all, it's useful for our purposes). And either way, the fine print details of that trade won't impact the outcome of this mock, since we are only going up to round 3 anyway.
    Are you accusing me of trying to dupe myself? I hope you have a good attorney.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cyprien? Isn't Elam still on the board? This is a shocker.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

We need a best available list

Legend

User Info Menu

Ruthless is killing me here. He takes Ertz one pick before I would have taken him. And then he takes Woods 2 picks before I woulda taken him. Are you seriously inside my head today?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey guys...sorry that I didn't make my pick at my appropriate time yesterday..I had to work a VERY early 10 hour morning shift and fell asleep when I got home, woke up late and forgot about it. Cyprien was my pick for the Niners that I wanted, so whoever made that for me...excellent choice! Spot on! I will make my choice for the Niners on Monday (when suppose to!)
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Ruthless is killing me here. He takes Ertz one pick before I would have taken him. And then he takes Woods 2 picks before I woulda taken him. Are you seriously inside my head today?
    Yeah...and man, it sure is scary in here...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Cyprien? Isn't Elam still on the board? This is a shocker.
    Rara liked it. I'm apparently inside his head too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Gotta admit that I was surprised by the Khaseem Greene pick to the Steelers in round 2 (although he could be the next in line of Greene's on our defense following Joe and Kevin). Not that I dislike the player or don't feel that he'd be a fit on this team, but with all of the other options that are available (as I listed in my round 2 poll thread), Greene didn't even make my top 10 options available for us there.

If we wanted to go with the OLB-ILB combo in the first two rounds after taking Jarvis Jones in round 1, I don't know how they pass up Minter or Te'o for Greene here (Minter was the one guy who was rock-solid-consistent this year on an LSU defense that is packed with potential superstar types, and Te'o would bring tremendous value here in round 2, since he is still a tackling machine and a leader, in spite of the catfish scheme and subpar workouts).

With Wallace gone, they could have gone with a Hines Ward type of wideout (sure-handed, tough, great route runner) who is surprisingly still available in round 2 (his numbers dropped this year because his brother sucks as a QB and his 40 time suffered because he is not 100% back from his injury and wasn't able to train for these workouts for months like other prospects due to his rehab).

With Mendenhall gone, they could take a dynamic RB like Bernard or Franklin...compact, shifty RB's who can also catch the ball out of the backfield and should benefit from a zone blocking scheme (like a Ray Rice or Shady McCoy type).

With Lewis gone, they could take a future replacement for Ike opposite Cortez, such as a big CB like Banks or a medical miracle in Hayden.

With Casey gone and Ta'Amu's future questionnable, they could take a potential 1st round NT prospect in Hankins here in the middle of round 2.

With Starks gone and Gilbert a questionable fit in a zone blocking scheme, they could take a solid LT prospect in Watson.

With Troy and Clark getting up there in age and no depth whatsoever behind them with Allen and Mundy now elsewhere, they could have drafted a very solid safety value in round 2 with the talented Eric Reid.

Just surprised to see the Greene pick with all of those guys just mentioned still available to us in round 2 (goes to show that in spite of it not necessarily being a strong draft at the top, it appears to be a remarkably deep draft, so we should be able to get a couple of excellent prospects on Friday night as well as Thursday night). Looking forward to the real thing, now less than a week away.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bold move on the Amerson pick to the St Louis Rams there Flippy. But with two 1st rounders its not out of the realm of possibilities.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska