Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual PlanetSteelers Board Mock Draft (2013 commentary thread)

Legend

User Info Menu

I keep thinking about Kiper or McShay's best players scrolling across the board as we pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I apologize. I have been busy with a project and did not realize I had received the Steelers picks. I picked later teams because of my work schedule early this week. Sorry, I dropped the ball. I should have checked who was awarded the big prize.

Good pick whoever did it.

Ruthless, I will be around for the next week so I can take more teams now, if you like.

Steelblood
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I apologize. I have been busy with a project and did not realize I had received the Steelers picks. I picked later teams because of my work schedule early this week. Sorry, I dropped the ball. I should have checked who was awarded the big prize.

Good pick whoever did it.

Ruthless, I will be around for the next week so I can take more teams now, if you like.

Steelblood
    No problem, blood. Glad I was able to pick someone you liked. If you'd like more teams, name 'em and they're yours (so I'm not just picking for every unclaimed team from here on out).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ok. I can take Indy, KC, and Jacksonville if that works.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    No problem, blood. Glad I was able to pick someone you liked. If you'd like more teams, name 'em and they're yours (so I'm not just picking for every unclaimed team from here on out).
    I sent you a message, I can take Green Bay if they're open.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys. Everything's now been updated. The Colts, Chiefs, and Jags now belong to steelblood, and the Packers are now property of thor75. I took the final 3 unclaimed teams (Vikings, Seahawks, and Redskins) for myself just to be able to fill in all of the empty spaces on the schedule. That gives me power over 16 teams...I've got half the league, and the rest of you folks are dealing with the other half. Thanks for playing, everyone!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Funny, I went on a green bay forum just to get their fans perspectives on what they may do with their pick so I could compare it to what I thought. A couple thought NT would be drafted by the Steelers at 17 and they were worried they'd lose their guy.

They would like a TE as well and many are pulling for Eifert also.

The center position came up and posters said Maurkice Pouncey was second to his brother in Miami and maybe third or fourth best in the AFC North.

But the one that made me laugh was all the complaining how Aaron Rodgers holds on to the ball too much trying to make a play and he gets sacked a lot. I had to see which team's board I was on, lol.

Just thought those things were interesting..
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ruthless,

Jacksonville wants to trade its 2nd and 4th for New England's 1st (both my teams). Can I get the ok?

Thanks,
    steelblood

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Ruthless,

Jacksonville wants to trade its 2nd and 4th for New England's 1st (both my teams). Can I get the ok?

Thanks,
    steelblood
    1.29 = 640 points

2.33 + 4.98 = 688 points

48 points is a big difference that NE cannot make up since they have no picks in rounds 4, 5, or 6 (only two 7th rounders which aren't worth much at all).

If the Jags kept their 4th, but gave NE their 5th and 6th instead, that would be more balanced.

2.33 + 5.135 + 6.169 = 643.3 points

Currently, New England has 5 picks, but this would give them 7, while conversely Jacksonville has 7 picks, but this would give them 5 (albeit 2 first rounders, which is nice).

That would give New England two 2's, a 3, a 5, a 6, and two 7's.

Jacksonville would have two 1's (Floyd and the QB I assume you are taking here), plus a high 3rd rounder, a high 4th rounder, and then a 7th.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-18-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    1.29 = 640 points

2.33 + 4.98 = 688 points

48 points is a big difference that NE cannot make up since they have no picks in rounds 4, 5, or 6 (only two 7th rounders which aren't worth much at all).

If the Jags kept their 4th, but gave NE their 5th and 6th instead, that would be more balanced.

2.33 + 5.135 + 6.169 = 643.3 points

Currently, New England has 5 picks, but this would give them 7, while conversely Jacksonville has 7 picks, but this would give them 5 (albeit 2 first rounders, which is nice).

That would give New England two 2's, a 3, a 5, a 6, and two 7's.

Jacksonville would have two 1's (Floyd and the QB I assume you are taking here), plus a high 3rd rounder, a high 4th rounder, and then a 7th.
    ok, but wouldn't you expect the Jags to get trade humped by BB?

I made the change in the other thread.