Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Annual PlanetSteelers Board Mock Draft (official selection thread)

Legend

User Info Menu

The Vikings address their secondary and front four of their defense in round 1 with CB Desmond Trufant and DT Sylvester Williams, plus added an offensive weapon in round 2 in WR Keenan Allen, but still need to improve their linebacking corps. I heard this guy interviewed on Moving the Chains on Sirius XM Radio yesterday on my drive home from work, and came away quite impressed with him.

The Minnesota Vikings are proud to select:

Connecticut LB Sio Moore
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Bengals traded away both of their 2nd round picks in order to acquire another first round pick (where they grabbed WR Cordarelle Patterson and FS Kenny Vaccaro). They had originally planned to use one of those 2nd round picks on a RB with some quickness to complement the Law Firm (someone like UNC RB Gio Bernard or UCLA RB Jonathan Franklin). Well, one of those guys happens to still be on the board for them in round 3, so this is a no brainer pick. Actually, I would have preferred that the Steelers draft Franklin instead of Bell earlier this round.

The Cincinnati Bengals are proud to select:

UCLA RB Jonathan Franklin
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Redskins had no first round pick, since they used it in the RGIII trade, but they addressed their porous secondary in round 2 with CB Johnthan Banks. They considered addressing their secondary once again in round 3 with a safety like Shamarko Thomas or Bacarri Rambo, but they decided instead to go for an inside backer. London Fletcher has been a fixture inside there for years, and he did re-sign one last contract with them, but he is turning 38 next month, so it would be a good idea to draft an heir apparent to learn from Fletcher, rotate in with him to keep the old man fresh, and take over for him full time next year.

The Washington Redskins are proud to select:

Oregon LB Kiko Alonso

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Colts select Chris Faulk OT LSU. Faulk missed almost all of last season because of a knee injury. If he had been healthy, he was projected to be selected in the first round. Faulk should be ready for training camp and may find a home at guard this season as that is a top need for the Colts. Faulk played left tackle at LSU and could eventually be moved back outside to protect Mr. Luck.

Irsay tweets "I have a secret. I fashion my facial hair after the early Colonel Sanders pictures I keep in my Hello Kitty backpack."
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Seattle Seahawks took OT Menelik Watson in round 2 after trading away their first rounder for Percy Harvin. Although they considered adding to their LB corps here, Sio Moore and Kiko Alonso just came off the board a few picks ahead of them, so they opt for better value elsewhere instead. They are going to double-dip on the OL by taking a guard here as well.

The Seattle Seahawks are proud to select:

Kent State OG Brian Winters
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-24-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ryan Grant is an UFA and 30yrs old. DuJuan Harris had a nice playoff run but another RB needs to be added to the mix. Green Bay was 20th in the league rushing with a 106.4 ypg average.

With the 88th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select:

Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford

Height 5’9”
    Weight 216lbs
    4.76 40 yd

A north-south runner with a thick body and powerful legs. Lacks elite speed, but is quick to the hole with good stop-start speed. Had a 4.8 yard per carry average, totaled 1,530yds and 13 TDs. He can adjust well to receiving out of the backfield and more importantly displays good technique and ability in pass protection making him very valuable as a 3 down back.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Houston Texans: [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/scoutingreport2013jbostic.php"]Jon Bostic[/URL], ILB, Florida
    There's a ton of uncertainty at inside linebacker for Houston. Brian Cushing is coming off a torn ACL, Bradie James is an impending free agent who isn't very good, while neither Tim Dobbins nor Darryl Sharpton is worthy of starting.

(Quick cheat - totally stolen from Walter Football, but, cuz work tied me up and i'm rushed... )
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 04-24-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The New England Patriots select Oday Aboushi OT Virginia. Aboushi had some early second round buzz until his arms were measured and found to be too short for the experts. Still, his tape is pretty good at tackle. Aboushi has a mean streak which the Pats love on their offensive line. He will likely provide quality depth this year as he can back up four of the five positions.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Denver Broncos Select:

Shamarko Thomas- Safety from Syracuse...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Atlanta Falcons select Brandon Williams DT Mississippi Southern State University. Williams is a 6'2 335 pound wrecking ball. This past season, Williams caused 5 fumbles and racked up 8.5 sacks. Williams is capable of playing NT or the three technique because of his outstanding combination of quickness and strength.