Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Steelers match patriots offer sheet

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    The only way this is a good move if they WIN the Superbowl this year OR they sign him to a long term deal.
    I agree. It's only a good decision if he signs long term. If not, the Steelers lost a draft pick and have a rental player for a season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Great news.

I've felt all along that Sanders is the one with the most potential out of Wally, Brown, and Manny. He goes all out every play. He's a fighter. He brings a Hines like violence to his game and gets inside CBs heads. Now that he's past his injured foot, he can stop thinking and just executing and it will be clear to everyone just how good he is.

Now it's time to work out a long term deal. It's a shame we gave Brown all the money. It's only a matter of time til Manny proves he's worth more.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like that we're either going to win Lombardi 7 this year, or go all out trying. No cautious half-a**ed, "Well we're going to rebuild but if we happen to do well, umm, that is always our goal, barf". Call me naive and irresponsible, but to me that is what separates the Steeler Way from, say the Bucs or SeaHags. If we happen not to do it, sure we'll be rebuilding even more next year, but it's like that guy in Seven Spanish Angels strapping on his gun for one last fight - we're going all out, come what may.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I agree. It's only a good decision if he signs long term. If not, the Steelers lost a draft pick and have a rental player for a season.
    but hey, at least Ben is happy...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

I agree w/ most here.... if he isn't signed long term, this is another dumb FO move.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay, so many of us think it's only good if we can sign him long term. Lets hear the numbers and terms that the Steelers can fit under the cap (after June 1st when Colon comes off the books) and that Sanders will accept (this is key). I doubt Sanders signs a long term deal unless it's above his market value. He's one 16 game season away from unrestricted free agency, I'm sure he can avoid contact (and catches) just like his running mate from young money crew Mike Wallace and then try to cash in next off season.

Would anyone here sign a long term market value or slightly less this year if you were in Sanders shoes? Or, would you take the 2.5 million and play out the season and test free agency?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I agree w/ most here.... if he isn't signed long term, this is another dumb FO move.
    I think if it weren't for Ben lobbying so hard to keep Sanders that Manny would now be in New England.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think if it weren't for Ben lobbying so hard to keep Sanders that Manny would now be in New England.
    I don't know, they really haven't listened to Ben very much up to this point in his career. Why would they take Ben's word on an oft injured 3rd round pick?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

To be honest- given how many significant players have left the roster this season, losing 'the next guy in line' at WR might have been a massive blow to the football team. At least now the Steelers are not forced into drafting WR in Round 1.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with FF. What did AB say? I didn't hear it either.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]