Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steelers match patriots offer sheet

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I agree with FF. What did AB say? I didn't hear it either.

Brown came out a day or 2 ago saying that the Steelers 'don't like guys not doing things the way the FO likes' or something along those lines, in relation to signing contracts. Basically, it looked like Brown was having a shot at Sanders & Wallace about contract negotiations.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

The Quote:
    "I don't think that they (the Steelers) really like guys that don't do things their way," said Brown. "There's a certain professional way that they go about their business and I don't think that they make decisions with guys that don't go about things in the way that they should. So in my opinion, I don't think he'll come back. It's just not smart to get a guy for one year at a price that you can get a guy for four years."
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

i have a feeling this is gonna be wallass 2.0

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The Quote:
    "I don't think that they (the Steelers) really like guys that don't do things their way," said Brown. "There's a certain professional way that they go about their business and I don't think that they make decisions with guys that don't go about things in the way that they should. So in my opinion, I don't think he'll come back. It's just not smart to get a guy for one year at a price that you can get a guy for four years."
    Thanks........

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

I love this signing for the simple reason of Big Ben.

We all witnessed what happens when Ben doesnt buy into something. I've followed the Steelers since I was a young boy and I already knew last year was going to suck because of Todd Haley. Everyone bashed BA for the longest time and again good or bad our QB drank his kool-aide and had some amazing success running that system. Todd Haley could of been GOD last year and even maybe this year but until BIG BEN beleives and buys into it our offense is going to suck. Letting go of Sanders would of caused the same reaction again this year with Big Ben and again you might hate that attitude on him but its who Ben is as a player. He will let it be known when he's not happy with something and after last years Pick 6 against Dallas he started to point those huge fingers of his to Haley. Bringing in a Haley boy Breaston would of been a HUGE mistake and again fingers would of started to be pointed.

Allowing Ben to have Brown, Sanders, Crotchery, and Plex gives him a sense that he got his way and hopefully he can work together with Haley.

Sometimes it's not about the numbers, the money, or the draft picks. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and we have won a crap load of Super Bowls for just being a close knit team! We dont build fantasy football dream teams in Pittsburgh. We build a group of guys who will fight for each other and to know our QB wanted him to stay is all the signs i needed to know that this is a good decision. If for anything else to keep our QB confident in who he has around him on Sunday.

For being a crappy coach though BA sure has made it pretty far since leaving Pittsburgh! Probably a good reason why Tomlin and Ben wanted him to stick around. Oh well lets move on and hope Haley and Ben can work together or we will have yet another 8-8 season.

I'm glad #88 is staying in Pittsburgh even if its just for a year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post

We all witnessed what happens when Ben doesnt buy into something. I've followed the Steelers since I was a young boy and I already knew last year was going to suck because of Todd Haley. Everyone bashed BA for the longest time and again good or bad our QB drank his kool-aide and had some amazing success running that system. Todd Haley could of been GOD last year and even maybe this year but until BIG BEN beleives and buys into it our offense is going to suck. Letting go of Sanders would of caused the same reaction again this year with Big Ben and again you might hate that attitude on him but its who Ben is as a player. He will let it be known when he's not happy with something and after last years Pick 6 against Dallas he started to point those huge fingers of his to Haley. Bringing in a Haley boy Breaston would of been a HUGE mistake and again fingers would of started to be pointed.

Allowing Ben to have Brown, Sanders, Crotchery, and Plex gives him a sense that he got his way and hopefully he can work together with Haley.

Sometimes it's not about the numbers, the money, or the draft picks. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and we have won a crap load of Super Bowls for just being a close knit team! We dont build fantasy football dream teams in Pittsburgh. We build a group of guys who will fight for each other and to know our QB wanted him to stay is all the signs i needed to know that this is a good decision. If for anything else to keep our QB confident in who he has around him on Sunday.

For being a crappy coach though BA sure has made it pretty far since leaving Pittsburgh! Probably a good reason why Tomlin and Ben wanted him to stick around. Oh well lets move on and hope Haley and Ben can work together or we will have yet another 8-8 season.

I agree, great first post and welcome to the board!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

First thought for me is to take the pick and move. But a misconception coming from this board is that if he's not signed long term that we lose him in FA next year with no return value which is false. If a team sign him to a mega deal that the team don't match, then they will received a high compensatory pick next year anyway. So it's still a win win situation.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And we get his service this year while grooming the replacement.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post

$$$$$ Quality first post.

Didn't think it would happen, but glad Sanders will be back and we are "forced" to go WR in Round 1.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Okay, so many of us think it's only good if we can sign him long term. Lets hear the numbers and terms that the Steelers can fit under the cap (after June 1st when Colon comes off the books) and that Sanders will accept (this is key). I doubt Sanders signs a long term deal unless it's above his market value. He's one 16 game season away from unrestricted free agency, I'm sure he can avoid contact (and catches) just like his running mate from young money crew Mike Wallace and then try to cash in next off season.

Would anyone here sign a long term market value or slightly less this year if you were in Sanders shoes? Or, would you take the 2.5 million and play out the season and test free agency?

Pappy

With his injury history, he'd be a fool not to sign a legit deal.

$2.5m is not alot for a starting WR. What is the draft success rate for 3rders?
    This also guarantees we use most early picks on D, which I think is more important.