Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers match patriots offer sheet

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Ditto. It was a no-brainer that this had to be done. They'll sign him to a long-term deal here this summer.....
    The only way this is a good move if they WIN the Superbowl this year OR they sign him to a long term deal.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Now that we have some stability in our starting receiver corps lets get Le'veon Bell in here to shore up the run game, and Tyler Eifert to enhance the passing game, those two additions will make Ben a happy camper.
    With those two additions Ben wouldn't be the only happy camper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Well, they've ticked off Bouchette.

IMO, there was no absolute Win or Lose in this situation (at least not yet). It can trend toward a win with a long-term reasonable contract and Sanders' health and productivity for at least a few years, a WIN if he is instrumental in another SB. It will trend toward a Lose if he gets hurt and misses alot of time, and it will be a LOSE and/or will not sign a reasonable longer term contract and leaves after one year.
    I would have chosen to let him go, and take the 3rd round pick by a modest preponderance of the facts as I saw them.

Time now for Sanders and Ben to produce favorable results. I think Brady and Belichick could have put him in position to earn alot of money, had he been allowed to go. Not as confident that will happen for him in Pittsburgh.

$$ analysis by Dukie (CIA analyst, hope he doesn't mind I've blown his cover, but it's pretty clear by the way he broke this down to the core facts, and we're all friends here right?).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Ditto. It was a no-brainer that this had to be done. They'll sign him to a long-term deal here this summer.....
    Lets all raise our glasses in hopes we sign him to a long term deal so we have yet another part time, injury prone player eating up money.
    @_Hellgrammite

Starter

User Info Menu

I like that they kept him. It shows that they believe in Ben's opinion.
    I also like it because Ben put his name on Sanders (again). It forces Ben to keep his "end of the bargain" by continuing to work with Sanders and help him become that #1 WR that Ben claimed he was. Not to mention the lobbying he did for Sanders. It's kind of an iron sharpens iron scenario that should only help the team.

I just want this young man to stay healthy and build off of last years production. Cause there is a bit of production that needs to be replaced this upcoming season.

Of course, I will be paying close attention to that NE pick late in the 3rd.

Now we wait and see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, it does take away a 'need' that would have occured had he left.

Personally, Chadman actually likes Sanders more than Brown as a WR. Hopefully he can avoid the injury bug, and fumble bug.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Lets all raise our glasses in hopes we sign him to a long term deal so we have yet another part time, injury prone player eating up money.
    I would rather raise my glass to a player we developed, and invested in than to depend on a third round pick who has zero experience and might not even make the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

amazing... either way, people would have been up in arms. i hope they never read discussion boards! lol
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    $$ analysis by Dukie (CIA analyst, hope he doesn't mind I've blown his cover, but it's pretty clear by the way he broke this down to the core facts, and we're all friends here right?).
    Not an analyst for them, but this witless protection program they put me in is working pretty well. I did notice I needed to edit the original post a bit. I should proofread better.

Thanks SAS.
    Keep playing the good music, Bud !!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Son of a bitch.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa