Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengals working on a deal to sign Harrison

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    100% agreee.. Plus, if the steelers said they don't want him back (and haven't even talked numbers), if I'm him I go the the Ravens, Bengals and Browns... cuz at that point, it sounds personal... I don't blame the guy at all...
    I don't think it should be personal....Harrison was dumb to begin with....He did not take the pay cut even though his agent wanted that deal. Forced Steelers to cut him...all Steelers have is dead money cap...

The only way Steelers are talking to him if he agreed to play on vet min. and i don't think Harrison would have done that....

The only person to blame for this entire fiasco is Harrison...He valued himself way too much...

All i can say is god luck to him...except when playing against the Steelers..
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

100% agreee.. Plus, if the steelers said they don't want him back (and haven't even talked numbers), if I'm him I go the the Ravens, Bengals and Browns... cuz at that point, it sounds personal... I don't blame the guy at all...
    So the Steelers ask him to stay at a 34 yr old salary. He refuses, realizes no one really wants to pay him and then crawls back. Because the Steelers didn't fall over themselves to sign him, he should have a resentment?

let me ask you something...if the Steelers allowed every vet to explore the market without consequence what kind of statement does that make to other vets? When Ben is 37 and we want him to take a pay cut, should he be able to explore the market first...then come back if it doesn't work out?

if Harrison signs with the Bengals, his name will not be spoken in my house. He will be referred to as the traitor without a name.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    And once again, Ben will pay for another of the FO's decisions. Deebo is my favorite ballplayer of all time. I wish him success anywhere he goes except for when he plays the Steelers. Unfortunately, my suspicion is that it will be against the Steelers that he will have his greatest success. I understand that they couldn't pay the man. I get that they wanted to see what they had in Worilds. But now the strongest team in the division will just get stronger. That just hurts no matter how you parse it out.
    Bungles are the strongest team? Huh????

It makes sense that teams who were victimized the most by Harrison would show the most interest. I dont blame any player who wants to test the market because he thinks he is worth more. Sometimes it works out... sometimes it doesnt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I don't think it should be personal....Harrison was dumb to begin with....He did not take the pay cut even though his agent wanted that deal. Forced Steelers to cut him...all Steelers have is dead money cap...

The only way Steelers are talking to him if he agreed to play on vet min. and i don't think Harrison would have done that....
    we don't know that... they said NOT INTERESTED.... they refuesed to even talk...

THAT is making it personal.... and you're right... i don't think it should be personal.. but, they did...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers made it personal, not Harrison. I don't blame James one bit. Hell, if it weren't for him and his instincts to is disregard the old mans defensive scheme the we lose the Superbowl to the Cardinals and Tomlin is 0-2 in the big game.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Bungles are the strongest team? Huh????
    Crap - this moment sucks... because i realized... they tied for the best record (better than ours) AND everyone here seems to think the Steelers are worse than last year at this point... the ravens lost a LOT... On paper, at least, it would appear the Bungals are the divisions strongest team...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    The Steelers made it personal, not Harrison. I don't blame James one bit.
    There it is...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Legend

User Info Menu

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter:

Bengals and former Steelers LB James Harrison will try to complete a deal this week. Harrison more signable than Karlos Dansby at this time.

[URL]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Crap - this moment sucks... because i realized... they tied for the best record (better than ours) AND everyone here seems to think the Steelers are worse than last year at this point... the ravens lost a LOT... On paper, at least, it would appear the Bungals are the divisions strongest team...
    That's what I'm saying. Right now, the Bengals would be considered the strongest team in the division. The Ravens and Steelers have hemorrhaged talend since the end of the season, while the young Bengals have been able to maintain. Deebo will be a better OLB than their previous starter. They will have a guy that knows how to win in their locker room, which IMO, makes them even more dangerous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Right now, the Bengals would be considered the strongest team in the division. The Ravens and Steelers have hemorrhaged talend since the end of the season, while the young Bengals have been able to maintain. Deebo will be a better OLB than their previous starter. They will have a guy that knows how to win in their locker room, which IMO, makes them even more dangerous.
    Bengals get stronger by adding an all-time Steeler great. That sucks, no matter how anyone tries to slice it.