Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Bengals working on a deal to sign Harrison

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089

    Bengals working on a deal to sign Harrison

    .
    Bengals try to sign James HarrisonUpdated: April 14, 2013, 8:56 AM ETESPN.com news services Recommend15Tweet33Comments2EmailPrintThe Cincinnati Bengals and former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison will try to complete a deal this week, a source familiar with situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.


    Harrison and former Miami Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby each visited Cincinnati last week, and while the Bengals are interested in Dansby, a deal with Harrison seems more attainable and realistic at this time.

    The Bengals have a need at outside linebacker, as 2012 starter Manny Lawson signed with the Buffalo Bills this offseason.

    The 34-year-old Harrison, who was set to make $6.57 million in 2013, was released by the Steelers last month after refusing to take a pay cut. His agent said his client would be open to a return to the Steelers, but the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that the team is not interested in a reunion.

    Harrison was meeting with the Baltimore Ravens on the same day Baltimore reached agreement with linebacker Elvis Dumervil, which ended the team's interest in signing him. Otherwise he has received little interest from teams in free agency.

    Harrison missed the first three games of the 2012 season with a minor knee injury but was one of Pittsburgh's steadiest performers over the second half of the year. He finished with six sacks, tied for the team lead, and a pair of forced fumbles as the Steelers finished No. 1 in total defense for the fourth time since Harrison became a starter.

    He has 64 career sacks and was named The Associated Press' Defensive Player of the Year in 2008 after finishing with a career-best 16 sacks.

    Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this

    Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
    Bengals and former Steelers LB James Harrison will try to complete a deal this week. Harrison more signable than Karlos Dansby at this time.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 04-14-2013 at 09:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,900
    Be interesting to see if this happens and for what $. My guess, he signs for less than what the Steelers offered if a deal happens.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,337
    If Harrison signs with the Bumgals for less than he rejected from the Steelers...SCREW HIM. It will be a case of nothing more than Harrison and the Bumgals trying to stick it to the Steelers. If this happens Harrison will get his..karma!!!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If Harrison signs with the Bumgals for less than he rejected from the Steelers...SCREW HIM. It will be a case of nothing more than Harrison and the Bumgals trying to stick it to the Steelers. If this happens Harrison will get his..karma!!!
    That's awfully harsh. He got poor advice from his agent and made a bad decision. Now, the report is that the Steelers do not want him back. Is he supposed to sit home unemployed?

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,603
    quit blaming the agent.
    all harrison had to do was perform at the same level he has been and he would have earned all of his money. he wanted to be able to take off part of this season and this off season, like he did last year, without being penalized financially.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,122
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    quit blaming the agent.
    all harrison had to do was perform at the same level he has been and he would have earned all of his money. he wanted to be able to take off part of this season and this off season, like he did last year, without being penalized financially.
    Yes... thats exactly what he wanted to do...

    Football is a sport where you just take off... lol. He wasnt injured he was just lazy and chillaxing.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Yes... thats exactly what he wanted to do...

    Football is a sport where you just take off... lol. He wasnt injured he was just lazy and chillaxing.
    +1.............

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Update:

    After initially planning to meet Sunday to hammer out a contract, the Cincinnati Bengals and James Harrison will hold off for another day. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday morning that the parties will meet Monday to work on contract details.

    Free-agent tracker
    NFL free agency is under way. Follow all of the latest rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More... The 34-year-old former NFL Defensive Player of the Year visited the team last Thursday, with heavy interest from everyone involved. Karlos Dansby remains a backup plan at linebacker for the Bengals.

    The Bengals have been patient in filling their outside linebacker position with an established veteran. The process seems to be near a conclusion as the former Pittsburgh Steelers star seems bound for Cincy.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's awfully harsh. He got poor advice from his agent and made a bad decision. Now, the report is that the Steelers do not want him back. Is he supposed to sit home unemployed?
    100% agreee.. Plus, if the steelers said they don't want him back (and haven't even talked numbers), if I'm him I go the the Ravens, Bengals and Browns... cuz at that point, it sounds personal... I don't blame the guy at all...
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    100% agreee.. Plus, if the steelers said they don't want him back (and haven't even talked numbers), if I'm him I go the the Ravens, Bengals and Browns... cuz at that point, it sounds personal... I don't blame the guy at all...
    And once again, Ben will pay for another of the FO's decisions. Deebo is my favorite ballplayer of all time. I wish him success anywhere he goes except for when he plays the Steelers. Unfortunately, my suspicion is that it will be against the Steelers that he will have his greatest success. I understand that they couldn't pay the man. I get that they wanted to see what they had in Worilds. But now the strongest team in the division will just get stronger. That just hurts no matter how you parse it out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •