Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengals working on a deal to sign Harrison

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Bengals get stronger by adding an all-time Steeler great. That sucks, no matter how anyone tries to slice it.
    What sucks in particular to me is having to see the Bengals fans wearing their #92 jersey's...

Legend

User Info Menu

how is this situation different than when Porter moved on? ... life goes on and we might find that Harrison made room for a future pro bowler in Worilds. Who knows?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    What sucks in particular to me is having to see the Bengals fans wearing their #92 jersey's...
    The number won't make those jerseys any less ugly.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you are dumb enough to spend your hard-earned dough on an average contributor at best, who's glory years are with the enemy... or rich enough to afford such an extravagent future dish rag... then (in either case), hats off to you.

I don't blame Harrison. He thought he was worth more (what one of us wouldn't), reality set in (he got cut), he went out in the open market and found out he isn't worth more, came crawling back and was told no thanks. As someone else said, what do you want him to do, sit at home?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    If you are dumb enough to spend your hard-earned dough on an average contributor at best, who's glory years are with the enemy... or rich enough to afford such an extravagent future dish rag... then (in either case), hats off to you.

I don't blame Harrison. He thought he was worth more (what one of us wouldn't), reality set in (he got cut), he went out in the open market and found out he isn't worth more, came crawling back and was told no thanks. As someone else said, what do you want him to do, sit at home?
    I can't blame James at all. For me personally, it sucks to see my favorite player of all-time's name/number on that awful uni. I'm sure if Urlacher or someone like that had joined the Steelers, there would be a lot of fans who would want the jersey even if he wasn't as great as he had once been and even if everyone knew that he'd only be around a year or two.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't blame James at all. For me personally, it sucks to see my favorite player of all-time's name/number on that awful uni. I'm sure if Urlacher or someone like that had joined the Steelers, there would be a lot of fans who would want the jersey even if he wasn't as great as he had once been and even if everyone knew that he'd only be around a year or two.

That is why you are a fan of the organization and not temporary occupants of a position. The Stelers are eternal, the players aren't because they are all temps. I like players but I realize they will all leave and it is next man up.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Steelers fans and James Harrison can direct their disappointment at the same person: Harrison's agent. You can all say that James could have accepted the Steeler's offer regardless of what the agent says - and that's true - but if I had to guess, I'd say that the agent was telling James that he could squeeze more out of the Steelers by calling their bluff and it backfired. Now both Harrison and the agent get to earn less with James playing for someone else.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sorry, just don't see how the Steelers made this personal. They wanted an aging breaking down vet to take a pay cut to stay with the team. He wouldn't. He now will chase money and sign with a division rival because its all about the money. What am I missing.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Odds are Gilby's not gonna be able to block him and he'll fall akwardly on James' leg and end his career.

Seriously though, I remember loving Rod Woodson, but I loved it even more when Hines Ward got in his head and really f'd with him when he played for the Ravens. As much as I love James, I'm gonna love to see a current Steeler put him on his back and run right over him, at him, and through him. Too bad Hines isn't still around cause you know he'd be looking for James earhole the first second he wasn't paying attention.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm sorry, just don't see how the Steelers made this personal. They wanted an aging breaking down vet to take a pay cut to stay with the team. He wouldn't. He now will chase money and sign with a division rival because its all about the money. What am I missing.
    I dont blame the team....but it is easy for us to understand. We arent personally involved, so we can see things logically.
    For Harrison it might be personal because IT IS PERSONAL, it involves him personally.

Shawn you are right, but if I were JH, I would RATHER go to a rival EVEN IF MY LOGICAL MIND understood the Steelers POV.

You dont think Farve had something to prove when he played the Packers? Dude swept them his first year as a Viking dropping 30 and 38 on them, those two games the difference in winning the division.
    Nothing could by more sweet!!!

Do you think JH would rather go to a team in the NFC and not play the Steelers?

Frankly, if I was JH or ANYBODY who got cut by my team I would RELISH the chance to show they made a mistake by staying in the division.

The move MIGHT make sense today, but if the Bengals dominate the division Harrison leads a dominant defense in tackles as the Mack LB (that is what Cincy is thinking of doing with him) that goes to the SB after sweeping the Steelers, I make a case that cutting me was a mistake regardless of what the market says.

Just like with Farve, it is understandable that the team would not pay him all that dough.
    JH SHOULD have accepted the lesser deal, he will likely get LESS from the Bengals.

Nevertheless, you can bet JH will do all in his power to make this team regret letting him go.
    There is no better way to do that than to stay within the same division.

It is not that the Steelers are being personal, but MOST PEOPLE in that situation WOULD take it personally because you are too close when it involves you.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher