Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Chris Ivory for late round pick?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Chris Ivory for late round pick?

    http://espn.go.com/newyork/conversat...-ivory-sources

    Would you give up a late round pick for Ivory, knowing you would have to pay him the money mentioned in the article?
    @_Hellgrammite

  2. #2
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,160
    I think Ivory is capable of being a starter and I wanted the Steelers to sign Ivory since FA began. However, once he was tagged with a 2nd round tender, I figured there was no shot...

    To answer your question... 2 mil is more than reasonable for Ivory.

  3. #3
    Backup Rara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    375
    I was the same as Steelz...I REALLY wanted Ivory until he was tagged with a 2nd round tender. But if the Jets are offering a lower pick for Ivory..why can't we? He'd be the speedy back that Haley wants for his scheme. Where do I sign? Ahmad Bradshaw would be the ideal back I'd want though.
    Rara's 2014 NFL Mock Draft
    Round 1. Darqueze Dennard, CB; Michigan State
    Round 2. Stephon Tuitt, DE; Notre Dame
    Round 3a. TRADED
    Round 3b. Donte Moncrief, WR; Ole Miss
    Round 4. C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE; Iowa
    Round 5a. Ryan Carrethers, DT; Arkansas State
    Round 5b. Ryan Groy, OG; Wisconsin
    Round 6a. E.J. Gaines, CB; Missouri
    Round 6b. Trevor Reilly, OLB; Utah
    Round 7. Anthony Fera, K; Texas

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,416
    RBs are a dime a dozen. Why spend a 2nd round pick on Ivory, when you can get an Ivory at any point in Rounds 2-5. Plenty of fish in the sea!

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    RBs are a dime a dozen. Why spend a 2nd round pick on Ivory, when you can get an Ivory at any point in Rounds 2-5. Plenty of fish in the sea!
    I'm with you. No way would I give a 2. But I do like Ivory. He's a violent runner. If the coaches just made Dwyer work out with Ike this offseason, we'd fix our RB problems in no time.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Though he is tagged with a 2nd, the article states the Jets are offering a 7th. Would Ivory be worth a 6th?
    @_Hellgrammite

  7. #7
    Learn something every day. I did not know that a player with a RFA tag could be acquired for less.

    In other words when TS were shopping Wallace around last year they could have made a deal for a little less like maybe a 2nd rd pick or a little lower. Hey! Better than what they got as it was.

    Anyhow, the article said "Ivory was the Saints' leading rusher in 2010 with 716 yards, but he has been plagued by injuries and slipped to fourth on the depth chart, behind Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles. If the Saints retain Ivory, they could decide to cut ties with Thomas.

    Thomas is a real good one, but he did finish the season on IR.

    But really though, What is this crap? TS started last season with a suspect RB corp since the presumed starter was out on IR. That did not work out so good did it? So now they are attempting to duplicate that effort? This is starting to get comical.

    Lately I have been seeing a lot of fan comments suggesting something is amiss in the FO. Not for one second do I believe anything has really changed. But it is possible the "organization is in a little slump" however, even some of us total believers are starting to get a little leery.

    Like Shoe said this draft should take care of the RB situation.

    Orrrr--Willie where you been? Have you been watching? Are the wheels back on?

  8. #8
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Though he is tagged with a 2nd, the article states the Jets are offering a 7th. Would Ivory be worth a 6th?
    Yes.. He's worth a 6th IMO.

  9. #9
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,635
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yes.. He's worth a 6th IMO.
    I don't know if he's worth it or not, but one thing is for sure you have a lot more film of Ivory as an NFL running back than you do a 6th round draft choice. A 6th wouldn't be a horrible price to pay if you believe he can help your team and the running back situation.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    Learn something every day. I did not know that a player with a RFA tag could be acquired for less.

    In other words when TS were shopping Wallace around last year they could have made a deal for a little less like maybe a 2nd rd pick or a little lower. Hey! Better than what they got as it was.

    Anyhow, the article said "Ivory was the Saints' leading rusher in 2010 with 716 yards, but he has been plagued by injuries and slipped to fourth on the depth chart, behind Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles. If the Saints retain Ivory, they could decide to cut ties with Thomas.

    Thomas is a real good one, but he did finish the season on IR.

    But really though, What is this crap? TS started last season with a suspect RB corp since the presumed starter was out on IR. That did not work out so good did it? So now they are attempting to duplicate that effort? This is starting to get comical.

    Lately I have been seeing a lot of fan comments suggesting something is amiss in the FO. Not for one second do I believe anything has really changed. But it is possible the "organization is in a little slump" however, even some of us total believers are starting to get a little leery.

    Like Shoe said this draft should take care of the RB situation.

    Orrrr--Willie where you been? Have you been watching? Are the wheels back on?
    If we could acquire Pierre Thomas for a 5th or 6th I would do that in a heartbeat.
    @_Hellgrammite

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •