Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm warming back up to Te'o at 17

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    just think of the cap savings with teo also

we could probably dupe this dolt into signing a contract where he pays the steelers every year
    Hey Manti, take my word for it, the contract is 100 mil over 5 years......you dont need no stinkin agent, you dont even have to read it, it is so long and boring, just sign on the dotted line here......

You seem like a lonely kid.....you can date my girlfriend......Morgan Fairchild......(I know she's old enough to be his mom but work with me here)

Yeah Manti, ....thats the ticket

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Based on what? Just curious... in your opinion, what makes the kid a reach? wait... a HUGE reach?
    Skills apart why would anyone want to invest 2 Top-20 draft picks at ILB position??? Its not a premium position but Steelers will be investing two mid-first Rd picks on that position...It does not make sense to me...

I am looking for a game-changer at 17.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Based on what? Just curious... in your opinion, what makes the kid a reach? wait... a HUGE reach?
    what doesn't make him one?

Legend

User Info Menu

If I'm using pick 17 on an ILB, that kid better be as explosive as a Timmons or Kendrell Bell or have the range and athleticism of a Jack Ham.

Teo might not even be as talented as Larry Foote.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Skills apart why would anyone want to invest 2 Top-20 draft picks at ILB position??? Its not a premium position but Steelers will be investing two mid-first Rd picks on that position...It does not make sense to me...

I am looking for a game-changer at 17.
    They play 4 LBs and START 2 ILBs that require different skillsets... just as you might invest multiple first rounders on o-linemen or WRs if there is a need, you invest in the LBs if you need one. "because we invested in one already" is irrelevant, if you need one.

somebody give me a reason other than just "cuz"....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    If I'm using pick 17 on an ILB, that kid better be as explosive as a Timmons or Kendrell Bell or have the range and athleticism of a Jack Ham.

Foote? Really? C'mon flippy, don't let the Ala game influence your thinking... before that game, he was considered a top 10 pick... IMO, we simply need a run stuffer. No, he's not a Mike Singletary, but, he does have good instincts and plays the run well...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

That's my issue... I think he will be a solid pick in the 3rd but at 17? I think anyone who takes him in the first will be disappointed...

Legend

User Info Menu

Foote? Really? C'mon flippy, don't let the Ala game influence your thinking... before that game, he was considered a top 10 pick... IMO, we simply need a run stuffer. No, he's not a Mike Singletary, but, he does have good instincts and plays the run well...
    Top 10 pick by who? People slurping the ND glory and GF story? Nah.. I think he was a top 10 pick like Tebow and Quinn. Great clips, successful career in college but when you look at him up close and kick the tires vs other ILB he doesn't really stand out like that.

The whole ND D played the run well this year.. but last year and the year before? I think a lot of people were swayed by his performance this year AND the GF story. Once the story was exposed I think scouts went back and looked at him a second time and determined he was good.. but not GREAT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They play 4 LBs and START 2 ILBs that require different skillsets... just as you might invest multiple first rounders on o-linemen or WRs if there is a need, you invest in the LBs if you need one. "because we invested in one already" is irrelevant, if you need one.

somebody give me a reason other than just "cuz"....

You can't have 1st Rd picks in each and every position. Steelers are already paying an ILB 10 million/yr. One does not need a first Rd pick besides him. Timmons should make another mid-round player look good....

Steelers LB corp already have two 2nd Rd players and one 1st Rd player..Time to strengthen another position.

Someone wants a thumper get it in mid-round...

How is Teo special than someone like Bostic??
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

You're forgetting how good Foote was in college. Foote was one of the best college LBs the year he came out. I had this conversation with DeeDub when Teo was still considered a top 10 pick. Foote had 26 TFL his senior season. Larry's still one of the smartest LBs in the game. He's not big. He's not fast. But he's always in the right spot. He's got some of the best instincts in the game. I've even said give me the LB version of Larry Foote that either has size or speed and we've got the perfect LB. I think Spence is that guy. He's Larry with speed.

Re: Teo, I'm not just focused on his last game. I think he's about the same size/speed as Foote. A great college player. But he won't be special in the NFL. I'd take Teo in the 4th just like Foote if he's still available. I think they're basically the same player.

The only difference, Larry didn't have the media hype because of his personal life. The media made Teo a top 10 pick. His play makes him a mid round pick imho.