Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm warming back up to Te'o at 17

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Te'o would be a solid pick at 17 and in years to come no one would question it. Look at the level of his play over the 4 years at ND. He got better ever year including areas of deficiency (pass coverage).
    Yeah, that is what I learned after learning more about him. First of all, he was tremendously decorated as a high school player. He came into a huge fish bowl as a freshman and started 10 games. As you said, from that great start, he improved every. year. Until his senior year, which we know was almost historic (i.e. winning the Heisman).

I don't know why these other guys are dismissing it as a terrible pick. As I said, I have faith that the FO would investigate his personality sufficiently, that character wouldn't be a worry. As a football player--How could you NOT like a 4-year starting ILB from the University of Notre Dame, who displayed a knack for big-plays that he did?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind Te'o but think that there are guys that I'd rather take there. We have little depth at WR and S. I feel like we need a playmaker on offense. Ben won't be here forever so I'd like to give him some weapons. I think that TE that everyone is talking about would probably be a smart pick there just because he plays more like a WR than a TE.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I wouldn't mind Te'o but think that there are guys that I'd rather take there. We have little depth at WR and S. I feel like we need a playmaker on offense. Ben won't be here forever so I'd like to give him some weapons. I think that TE that everyone is talking about would probably be a smart pick there just because he plays more like a WR than a TE.
    Oh, I'm right with you. I'm not saying he is #1 on my radar by no means. I'm just saying: I was all-for it four months ago, totally against it from then til now, and now--I would be fine with it if we picked him.

But there are many other players I hope will be there when we pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Is Teo the BPA at 17?

Legend

User Info Menu

just think of the cap savings with teo also

we could probably dupe this dolt into signing a contract where he pays the steelers every year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yeah, that is what I learned after learning more about him. First of all, he was tremendously decorated as a high school player. He came into a huge fish bowl as a freshman and started 10 games. As you said, from that great start, he improved every. year. Until his senior year, which we know was almost historic (i.e. winning the Heisman).

I don't know why these other guys are dismissing it as a terrible pick. As I said, I have faith that the FO would investigate his personality sufficiently, that character wouldn't be a worry. As a football player--How could you NOT like a 4-year starting ILB from the University of Notre Dame, who displayed a knack for big-plays that he did?
    People dismiss this kid because they watched the BCS championship and he looked overwhelmed and couldnt bring down the Bama RB's by himself. Then he skipped the Senior Bowl which made people wonder if he was afraid of being exposed... then the fake GF came up... then he had a slow 40 at the combine...

Now he did have a great senior year but the previous 3 ND's defense was ehhhh... a little sketchy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Teo at #17 will be a huge reach....Steelers will have 2 top-20 1st Rd picks at ILB who rarely rush the QB...you got to be kidding me....

Colbert should be immediately fired if Teo is 1st Rd pick...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

And then we should sign Mike Adams to a 100 million 10 yr contract, and put the nail in the Steeler coffin.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    Eric Reid and Kenny Vaccaro.
    You obviously do not know much about either if you consider them ball-hawk safeties. Vacarro had 5 INT's over 4 years and Reid who had a down year this past year had 6 over 3 years.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Teo at #17 will be a huge reach....
    Based on what? Just curious... in your opinion, what makes the kid a reach? wait... a HUGE reach?
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville