Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Sanders moves to NE...

Legend

User Info Menu

If Sanders moves to NE...

Chadman suggests the Steelers would be very well advised asking the Dolphins what it would cost to trade for Davone Bess. One of the more under rated players in the NFL, and now well and truly buried on the depth chart.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

What do we have for trading material? Don't know much about Bess, but we're certainly going to be razor thin at the receiver position if Sanders leaves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    What do we have for trading material? Don't know much about Bess, but we're certainly going to be razor thin at the receiver position if Sanders leaves.
    He's 4th or 5th on the Dolphins depth chart- offer them a 5th round pick & see what happens.

He's not fast, or big, but runs good routes & catches near everything around him. At worst, he can fill Sanders role from last season, and he's only 27.

He has had around the 800 yard recieving per year mark career so far- with terrible QB play. Dolphins have spent 5 years trying to improve on him. Would feel better with him at #2 than Cotchery.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I honestly think Stedman Bailey will be drafted this year in the third and he will take Sander's spot. Draft the replacement, and sign Steve Breaston and give up no draft picks in the process.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Backup

User Info Menu

IMO somebody will get Baily at the end of round 2 or early 3

Legend

User Info Menu

This is why we signed Matt Spaeth. Just line him up in the X, Y, or Z and you got yourself a mismatch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This is why we signed Matt Spaeth. Just line him up in the X, Y, or Z and you got yourself a mismatch.
    Genius!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    I honestly think Stedman Bailey will be drafted this year in the third and he will take Sander's spot. Draft the replacement, and sign Steve Breaston and give up no draft picks in the process.
    I like the idea, myself! However, wouldn't mind if we traded for Davone Bess...where would he be on on the corp though? #3?

Something like:

Antonio Brown
    Plaxico Burress
    Davone Bess
    Jerricho Cotchery
    Stedman Bailey
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    He's 4th or 5th on the Dolphins depth chart- offer them a 5th round pick & see what happens.

He's not fast, or big, but runs good routes & catches near everything around him. At worst, he can fill Sanders role from last season, and he's only 27.

He has had around the 800 yard recieving per year mark career so far- with terrible QB play. Dolphins have spent 5 years trying to improve on him. Would feel better with him at #2 than Cotchery.
    Bess is a very good slot receiver. But, he is a number three not a starting outside the numbers guy. Besides, I'd say the Dolphins still value him as a slot receiver. Why would they trade him? He is one of the best in the game on the inside and not overpaid. He is the kind of receiver who will benefit greatly from having Wallace take the top off the defense. In today's NFL you need 4 capable WRs. They'd be nuts to trade him.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Bess is a very good slot receiver. But, he is a number three not a starting outside the numbers guy. Besides, I'd say the Dolphins still value him as a slot receiver. Why would they trade him? He is one of the best in the game on the inside and not overpaid. He is the kind of receiver who will benefit greatly from having Wallace take the top off the defense. In today's NFL you need 4 capable WRs. They'd be nuts to trade him.
    We're down to three..just saying.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa