Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: If Sanders moves to NE...

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If Sanders moves to NE...

    Chadman suggests the Steelers would be very well advised asking the Dolphins what it would cost to trade for Davone Bess. One of the more under rated players in the NFL, and now well and truly buried on the depth chart.
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

    Fix the Run Defence Mode:

    1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

  2. #2
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    What do we have for trading material? Don't know much about Bess, but we're certainly going to be razor thin at the receiver position if Sanders leaves.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    What do we have for trading material? Don't know much about Bess, but we're certainly going to be razor thin at the receiver position if Sanders leaves.
    He's 4th or 5th on the Dolphins depth chart- offer them a 5th round pick & see what happens.

    He's not fast, or big, but runs good routes & catches near everything around him. At worst, he can fill Sanders role from last season, and he's only 27.

    He has had around the 800 yard recieving per year mark career so far- with terrible QB play. Dolphins have spent 5 years trying to improve on him. Would feel better with him at #2 than Cotchery.
    Early Addition Mock (3 Round Version)

    Fix the Run Defence Mode:

    1. DaRon Payne
    2. Josey Jewell
    3 Kerryon Johnson

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I honestly think Stedman Bailey will be drafted this year in the third and he will take Sander's spot. Draft the replacement, and sign Steve Breaston and give up no draft picks in the process.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    28 Mason Rudolph QB OK St
    60 Malik Jefferson ILB Texas
    92 Terrel Edmunds SS VT
    148 Durham Smythe TE Notre Dame
    165 Andrew Brown DE UVA
    202 Richie Jame WR MTEnn St
    220 Reggie Bonnafon RB Louisville
    246 Chris Worley ILB OSU

  5. #5
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    IMO somebody will get Baily at the end of round 2 or early 3

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    This is why we signed Matt Spaeth. Just line him up in the X, Y, or Z and you got yourself a mismatch.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This is why we signed Matt Spaeth. Just line him up in the X, Y, or Z and you got yourself a mismatch.
    Genius!

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    I honestly think Stedman Bailey will be drafted this year in the third and he will take Sander's spot. Draft the replacement, and sign Steve Breaston and give up no draft picks in the process.
    I like the idea, myself! However, wouldn't mind if we traded for Davone Bess...where would he be on on the corp though? #3?

    Something like:

    Antonio Brown
    Plaxico Burress
    Davone Bess
    Jerricho Cotchery
    Stedman Bailey
    Rara's first 2018 Mock Draft v3
    ------------------------------------------------------
    RD1- Justin Reid, S; Stanford
    RD2- Josey Jewell, ILB; Iowa
    RD3- Rashaad Penny, RB; San Diego State
    RD5- Darius Leonard, OLB; SCAR
    RD6- Brandon Facyson, CB; Virginia Tech
    RD7- Josh Frazier, DT; Alabama
    RD7- Antonio Callaway, WR; Florida

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    He's 4th or 5th on the Dolphins depth chart- offer them a 5th round pick & see what happens.

    He's not fast, or big, but runs good routes & catches near everything around him. At worst, he can fill Sanders role from last season, and he's only 27.

    He has had around the 800 yard recieving per year mark career so far- with terrible QB play. Dolphins have spent 5 years trying to improve on him. Would feel better with him at #2 than Cotchery.
    Bess is a very good slot receiver. But, he is a number three not a starting outside the numbers guy. Besides, I'd say the Dolphins still value him as a slot receiver. Why would they trade him? He is one of the best in the game on the inside and not overpaid. He is the kind of receiver who will benefit greatly from having Wallace take the top off the defense. In today's NFL you need 4 capable WRs. They'd be nuts to trade him.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Bess is a very good slot receiver. But, he is a number three not a starting outside the numbers guy. Besides, I'd say the Dolphins still value him as a slot receiver. Why would they trade him? He is one of the best in the game on the inside and not overpaid. He is the kind of receiver who will benefit greatly from having Wallace take the top off the defense. In today's NFL you need 4 capable WRs. They'd be nuts to trade him.
    We're down to three..just saying.
    Rara's first 2018 Mock Draft v3
    ------------------------------------------------------
    RD1- Justin Reid, S; Stanford
    RD2- Josey Jewell, ILB; Iowa
    RD3- Rashaad Penny, RB; San Diego State
    RD5- Darius Leonard, OLB; SCAR
    RD6- Brandon Facyson, CB; Virginia Tech
    RD7- Josh Frazier, DT; Alabama
    RD7- Antonio Callaway, WR; Florida

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •