Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eddie Lacy finally runs, and reportedly runs fast

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    then we agree...he isn't a first round talent.
    yep.. but I think he is a solid 2nd rounder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    There aren't any 1st round backs in this class. There are arguably 5 backs in this class you could grade out the same depending on your system that sit in the 2-3 range.
    there's one that would grade out as a 1st round back - but, he's rehabbing a torn up knee... take him when the time is right!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep.. but I think he is a solid 2nd rounder.
    I agree, I would give him a mid second round grade, with Bell as a late second round grade. Lacy is one of the few SEC guys I watched. He is a good back, but I don't believe him to be a great back. I actually believe Bell will have the better pro career.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    there's one that would grade out as a 1st round back - but, he's rehabbing a torn up knee... take him when the time is right!
    Yeah, I just don't see it when it comes to Lattimore.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Yeah, I just don't see it when it comes to Lattimore.
    he may well be a case of "he never returns to form", but, that's more rare these days... guys like Frank Gore have returned from 2 torn knees. IMO, first 2-3 rounds you feel should be guaranteed future starters. Beyond that point, IMO, is when you take a flier on a guy or two that's a boom or bust prospect. Many forget, Ivan "Ike" Taylor was one of those guys... Played RB for a portion of college, had switched to DB and was untested because opposing teams feared his speed out of his "small school conference". (allow me to chest thump for a moment, cuz i mocked him that year)

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here is what I will say about thE Lattimore projection. If Lattimore had an ACL and gave a full year after, I can't argue if someone wanted to say he could sneak into the end of the 1st round. I wouldn't touch that argument but I would say IMO he is a early 2nd round back. I listed reasons in another topic but we will leave it at that. The last injury just leaves too much doubt to hold him to that grade. Remember, McGahee didn't play his rookie year. McGahee had a productive NFL career but he never returned to his game breaking ability. In college, he showed the ability to run through you and away from you. He never got back to that.

I know everyone is comparing the last knee injury to Gore & even closer to Willis McGahee. Lattimore was a little more serious in that it was a complete dislocation of the knee along with all the tears. Lots of stretched components to the knee anatomy along with damages that the surgeon would know. The components "not listed" in a torn ACL, PCL, and MCL dislocated knee diagnosis. Similiar to the peroneal nerve damage that came out later in Spence's injury..Even Meniscus, cartiliage. The teams will have that info. Some of the injured components can not be strengthened with rehab. It is what it is when repaired. Nobody will know what that knee will do until he straps it up. No amount of rehab will duplicate the strain it will be put under on gamedays. It is a risk no matter what way you look at it. Great kid. Great Story. Wish him well. I wouldn't use anything inside the 5th round on him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    he may well be a case of "he never returns to form", but, that's more rare these days... guys like Frank Gore have returned from 2 torn knees. IMO, first 2-3 rounds you feel should be guaranteed future starters. Beyond that point, IMO, is when you take a flier on a guy or two that's a boom or bust prospect. Many forget, Ivan "Ike" Taylor was one of those guys... Played RB for a portion of college, had switched to DB and was untested because opposing teams feared his speed out of his "small school conference". (allow me to chest thump for a moment, cuz i mocked him that year)
    Terrific! For me, that pick ranks right up there with the rest of the all time great Steeler picks. And a 4th rd pick to boot.

But I am also in the Lacy group. TS have to find a way to get this player.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Here is what I will say about thE Lattimore projection. If Lattimore had an ACL and gave a full year after, I can't argue if someone wanted to say he could sneak into the end of the 1st round. I wouldn't touch that argument but I would say IMO he is a early 2nd round back. I listed reasons in another topic but we will leave it at that. The last injury just leaves too much doubt to hold him to that grade. Remember, McGahee didn't play his rookie year. McGahee had a productive NFL career but he never returned to his game breaking ability. In college, he showed the ability to run through you and away from you. He never got back to that.

I know everyone is comparing the last knee injury to Gore & even closer to Willis McGahee. Lattimore was a little more serious in that it was a complete dislocation of the knee along with all the tears. Lots of stretched components to the knee anatomy along with damages that the surgeon would know. The components "not listed" in a torn ACL, PCL, and MCL dislocated knee diagnosis. Similiar to the peroneal nerve damage that came out later in Spence's injury..Even Meniscus, cartiliage. The teams will have that info. Some of the injured components can not be strengthened with rehab. It is what it is when repaired. Nobody will know what that knee will do until he straps it up. No amount of rehab will duplicate the strain it will be put under on gamedays. It is a risk no matter what way you look at it. Great kid. Great Story. Wish him well. I wouldn't use anything inside the 5th round on him.
    No to highjack the thread but did you see the ESPN video that has been was recently released on ESPN. They said there was zero cartilage and zero nerve damage in lattimore's knee which apparently surprised the doctors. As Andrew's said in the video.. if there was nerve damage, some things can't be repaired. Lattimore was very lucky in that regard.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    No to highjack the thread but did you see the ESPN video that has been was recently released on ESPN. They said there was zero cartilage and zero nerve damage in lattimore's knee which apparently surprised the doctors. As Andrew's said in the video.. if there was nerve damage, some things can't be repaired. Lattimore was very lucky in that regard.
    LOL... Nasty's post struck me as funny, anyway.. saying he has damage... "not listed"... "only the surgeon knows".... I came away from that thinking, "if i don't know, YOU don't know either... or you'd be jumping up and down showing me where it was"..... Once people start making up stuff, i just bail on an debate, anyway...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)