Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Lacy finally runs, and reportedly runs fast

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Plus just about any college RB would have looked like a phenom behind that line.
    Exactly....
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would have zero problems taking him in the 1st.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Maybe because he didn't really do anything in college. You have a guy like Bell who out performed Lacy by a long shot...yet Lacy gets all the press because he is from Bama. And I just to nip the Lacy ran against the superman SEC...He ran for 35 yards against Michigan. 36 yards against Western Kentucky. 55 yards against Arkansas and 26 yards against Mississipi State. Lacy is streaky and unproven. He is not a top 25 talent.
    Uhh... Im not a Lacy fan but c'mon... he had 9 attempts vs Michigan with a TD. He had 9 attempts vs w. Kentucky. He had 12 attempts vs Arkansas and 3 TD's.

All 3 games were total blowouts and all of them had a bunch of TO's with short fields.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I would have zero problems taking him in the 1st.
    that would be a horrible overdraft.

no way he is worth the 17th pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Yeah exactly, we don't need another player on this roster too lazy to get into decent playing shape. Nice article HS.
    Oh, but THAT is what makes him PERFECT.
    Having "A" lazy back is a problem.

But if you have A STABLE of talented backs who are easily winded GREAT.

Rotate you fat lazy out of shape backs EVERY DOWN.

Dont sign a guy like S Jackson who is nearly a decade in the league but in better shape than these youngsters. Selfish ball hogs like that want the rock all the time.

Our guys "unselfishly" call for a teamate to get a chance after ever exausting 9 yard run.

THAT builds team chemistry.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Oh, but THAT is what makes him PERFECT.
    Having "A" lazy back is a problem.

But if you have A STABLE of talented backs who are easily winded GREAT.

Rotate you fat lazy out of shape backs EVERY DOWN.

Dont sign a guy like S Jackson who is nearly a decade in the league but in better shape than these youngsters. Selfish ball hogs like that want the rock all the time.

Our guys "unselfishly" call for a teamate to get a chance after ever exausting 9 yard run.

THAT builds team chemistry.
    I see what ya did there, and I dig it. Funny stuff my man....

benicetofatpeople.jpg
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Don't lump all these guys together. We all know it's Dwyer that invented the 2 yard breather.

I remember Curtis Martin saying he was scared to come out no matter what cause Parcels once told him if he ever comes out he might not ever get back in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Uhh... Im not a Lacy fan but c'mon... he had 9 attempts vs Michigan with a TD. He had 9 attempts vs w. Kentucky. He had 12 attempts vs Arkansas and 3 TD's.

All 3 games were total blowouts and all of them had a bunch of TO's with short fields.
    He ran one season, and didn't even get the carries early in the season. Why wasn't he getting carries, if he is a guy you can build a team around? I think Lacy is a good back, just not worthy of the Steelers pick.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    that would be a horrible overdraft.

no way he is worth the 17th pick.
    Agreed.....
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He ran one season, and didn't even get the carries early in the season. Why wasn't he getting carries, if he is a guy you can build a team around? I think Lacy is a good back, just not worthy of the Steelers pick.
    He sprained his knee and ankle in spring ball. As the season went on you saw him get stronger and put up big numbers. 181 vs Georgia in the SEC Championship. Those numbers early on dont scare me, Bamma was stacked and blew out most competition last year... He had some good games later in the season but I think the OL deserved the bulk of the credit.

He isnt a 1st round talent though... and personally, I dont want him. However, the more I think back to the second half of the season.. starting with Mizzou, he really showed out.

I still dont want him in the first. Im not sold on Bell either... I like the kid from Wisconsin in the second
    Last edited by feltdizz; 04-11-2013 at 10:25 PM.