Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Harrison to Meet with Bengals

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Raven #2 was week 11. So that would be as the season went on. Showed up big in that game...But depleted his tank. The next 3 weeks (Weeks14-16) of must win football games he went 10 TT & 1 sack. The sack was a botched shotgun snap in the 4th against the Bengals he got credit for when Dalton picked it up and took off running to stay in FG range. Tackled at the LOS by Harrison for a sack of 0 yards. Last meainingless game of season against a Browns team that went home after week 8, he puts together an auditon for a new team. That isn't anything close to impact player. That isn't anything close to the Harrison we knew. He didn't get better as the season went on...He broke down-Down the stretch. It happens to even the best of them. So the Steelers moved on...Like they should have. He didn't want to take reduced salary & a reduced role.

Harrison didn't show anything that scared the teams the Steelers played last year. Harrison will try and prove a point early. He could very well have one good game in him versus the Steelers. But he is no different than everyone else. If he stays healthy, his body wil break down as the year goes on and he will become a non factor like he did down the stretch for the Steelers. The arrow is pointin down and nothing will change it.

I don't blame him going to play somewhere else if he thinks he can still play. He will always be one of my favorites. Wish him well and hope he finds success. I just support the decision the Steelers made.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-12-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Raven #2 was week 11. So that would be as the season went on. Showed up big in that game...But depleted his tank. The next 3 weeks (Weeks14-16) of must win football games he went 10 TT & 1 sack. The sack was a botched shotgun snap in the 4th against the Bengals he got credit for when Dalton picked it up and took off running to stay in FG range. Tackled at the LOS by Harrison for a sack of 0 yards. Last meainingless game of season against a Browns team that went home after week 8, he puts together an auditon for a new team. That isn't anything close to impact player. That isn't anything close to the Harrison we knew. He didn't get better as the season went on...He broke down-Down the stretch. It happens to even the best of them. So the Steelers moved on...Like they should have. He didn't want to take reduced salary & a reduced role.

Harrison didn't show anything that scared the teams the Steelers played last year. Harrison will try and prove a point early. He could very well have one good game in him versus the Steelers. But he is no different than everyone else. If he stays healthy, his body wil break down as the year goes on and he will become a non factor like he did down the stretch for the Steelers. The arrow is pointin down and nothing will change it.

I don't blame him going to play somewhere else if he thinks he can still play. He will always be one of my favorites. Wish him well and hope he finds success. I just support the decision the Steelers made.
    $$$$ Harrison's is on the downside. he will take whatever he can get now but no way was he worth even the $4M reduced the price the Steelers were offering.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even if Deebo isn't what he once was, there are two games a year that he will show up for. That will not be good for the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    $$$$ Harrison's is on the downside. he will take whatever he can get now but no way was he worth even the $4M reduced the price the Steelers were offering.
    Is Troy worth his money? Worth half his money?
    @_Hellgrammite

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Is Ike worth 9.5 million this year and 10.5 next especially at 33.5 y/o?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    No...He isn't. He will be next after they draft his replacement.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Worilds + Harrison + Lewis + Allen > Ike + Allen + Worilds

That was possible... but the Steelers FO chose a stone handed old CB instead.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Is Ike worth 9.5 million this year and 10.5 next especially at 33.5 y/o?
    Taylor is still playing at a high level and has been pretty healthy. That being said, this may be his last year IMO.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Taylor is still playing at a high level and has been pretty healthy. That being said, this may be his last year IMO.
    He's not worth anywhere close to 9.5 million... not even close.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He's not worth anywhere close to 9.5 million... not even close.
    There is nothing they could do about it. They made that mess with restructures but given his level of play, he will remain. Even cutting him next year creates nearly 3.5 mil of dead money.