Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison to Meet with Bengals

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison to Meet with Bengals

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/bengals-james-harrison-meet/[/URL]

Ugh. I'd rather not see James end his career in those awful uniforms and with that awful franchise. I'd rather see him go to the NFC, if anything (I'd love to see him return to the Steelers but really doubt that it happens).

I also don't want to see James added to what is already becoming a decent defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

honestly, "best-case" the steelers re-sign him to a 2-3 year deal and eliminate a position of immediate need for the upcoming draft... Seems like there's just to dang many to fill in one draft... Seems to me that they're presently backed into a corner where they need to knock this draft out of the park...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    honestly, "best-case" the steelers re-sign him to a 2-3 year deal and eliminate a position of immediate need for the upcoming draft... Seems like there's just to dang many to fill in one draft... Seems to me that they're presently backed into a corner where they need to knock this draft out of the park...
    2-3 year deal? wouldn't that make him 38 years old? no thanks.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

signing with a division rival is the worst case scenario if that happens. who's our LT again?? Poor Ben, I'll bring the yellow crime scene tape if someone wants to bring the chalk.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Good, then we will let Mike Adams handle him. Mike is a beast and will whoop on Harrison just to show him whats up.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    2-3 year deal? wouldn't that make him 38 years old? no thanks.
    You look at it too simple... depending on the signing bonus and structure of contract, he very well could be an easy cut for example, a fat contract with roster bonus a year from now that he never sees means "not really a fat contract at all"... splitting the signing bonus over the years is where the "cap hit" comes in... so, if he has a $3mil SB, with a $3 mil roster bonus(that he'll never get), it's much easier to stomach a 1mil cap hit a year or two from now if we land a young stud that beats him out... in the meantime, you can draft that young stud in the 3rd instead of considering him in the 1st...

You can look at the prospects being brought in and know, they don't trust Worilds.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

If Harrison plays in the AFCN he's getting 10 sacks in 2 games against the Steelers every year. Even if he's 45 as long as Ben's still around. Ben's a hold the ball forever QB and James is a never give up LB.

Seriously James playing in the AFCN doesn't bode well for us. And Ben's also more likely to get hurt cause you know James would love to end our season.

It would present the ultimate dilemma for Heir Goodell - to fine or not fine a helmet shot by James on Ben. Goodell's brain may explode every time it happens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    You can look at the prospects being brought in and know, they don't trust Worilds.
    So, what you are saying then is that since we had to bring Foote back to play ILB, and still don't have a replacement, and Worilds sucks, is that we should of drafted Sean Lee afterall and Tomlin sucks at drafting?

Or that since we passed on Lee we should of drafted James Laurenitus instead of a 3-4 DE in the first round whose primary job is 'eat up blockers' for our LB's?
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers brought in Butler for depth & competition...And the conclusion drawn was the Steelers have not faith in Worilds? The Steelers are an injury away from Carter, Robinson, or a rookie starting. Butler would have pushed both Worilds & Woodley as well as Carter, Robinson, & a rookie(s). Adding Butler to the roster would have moved OLB down the list in the draft and allowed them to focus on other needs where they may be able to get a rookie on the field. That was just smart business if they could have got him for the price they wanted. So now, the spot belongs to Worilds & it will be his to lose. They will have to draft one within the 2-4 range IMO and hope there is enough push to weed one of Carter or Robinson out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    signing with a division rival is the worst case scenario if that happens. who's our LT again?? Poor Ben, I'll bring the yellow crime scene tape if someone wants to bring the chalk.
    What happened when they played in college?

This means that the team would be playing four games against Harrison/Dunlap/Atkins and Suggs/Dumervil. Better hope that investment in the OL pays off or Ben could end the year in a full body cast. Of course, I will love to hear all the fans around here loving on Deebo after all their years of crying about him.