Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Harrison to Meet with Bengals

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What is dumb to me is you let Lewis sign elsewhere for cheap...and keep Taylor due to dead money it would leave if you cut him. But in reality, if you add up the money Lewis would get paid, plus the dead money from Ike, it would still be less than Ike's salary, and the dead money gone in a season or two. Instead, we let Lewis walk, and have to use a draft pick on a CB and start the development process all over again.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    What is dumb to me is you let Lewis sign elsewhere for cheap...and keep Taylor due to dead money it would leave if you cut him. But in reality, if you add up the money Lewis would get paid, plus the dead money from Ike, it would still be less than Ike's salary, and the dead money gone in a season or two. Instead, we let Lewis walk, and have to use a draft pick on a CB and start the development process all over again.
    Since they didn't even offer Lewis a contract...I'm beginning to think Young Money was a Big Headache in the locker room. The only one who may be left when the smoke clears is Brown. Wallace, Sanders, Lewis, & Saunders along with Brown were all close knit. With the things you hear...You just get the feeling the Steelers came to the reality those guys just weren't Steeler types.

Taylor's dead money would be 6.9 mil this year. I see what you are saying. Bouchette tends to think the Steelers "Have their CBs". I guess they still think Brown & DVD will be the players they thought they would be coming out given some time. Time will tell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Since they didn't even offer Lewis a contract...I'm beginning to think Young Money was a Big Headache in the locker room. The only one who may be left when the smoke clears is Brown. Wallace, Sanders, Lewis, & Saunders along with Brown were all close knit. With the things you hear...You just get the feeling the Steelers came to the reality those guys just weren't Steeler types.

Taylor's dead money would be 6.9 mil this year. I see what you are saying. Bouchette tends to think the Steelers "Have their CBs". I guess they still think Brown & DVD will be the players they thought they would be coming out given some time. Time will tell.
    Interesting. I did not know that Lewis was in with the 'young money crew'....will be happy to be away from the 'me first' guys. I would be happy to get some of the guys in my mock to add some young professionalism into the mix. Guys like Eifert, Simon, Mauti, Motta that were pure leaders for their teams.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Interesting. I did not know that Lewis was in with the 'young money crew'....will be happy to be away from the 'me first' guys. I would be happy to get some of the guys in my mock to add some young professionalism into the mix. Guys like Eifert, Simon, Mauti, Motta that were pure leaders for their teams.
    K Money. Wallace's Boy. Mendy was pretty tight too & he isn't here but I think he dug his own hole.

Saw you mock. Got some gamers on there. I would be pleased with that.

Legend

User Info Menu

James Harrison, Cincinnati Bengals share high interest

By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: April 12, 2013

James Harrison's search for a new home might be nearing its end.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday that a high level of mutual interest exists between the Cincinnati Bengals and the 34-year-old linebacker, according to one source involved in the situation.

Harrison and the Bengals have yet to enter in-depth contract talks on the heels of Thursday's visit, but Rapoport was told discussions are likely to heat up over the weekend.

Cincinnati hosted Harrison along with Karlos Dansby this week, but don't plan to sign both. Signs point to Harrison joining the Bengals, who envision him as a base outside linebacker and nickel pass-rusher, according to team sources.

Harrison isn't getting any younger, but he improved as last season went on. He could be acquired at a bargain.

It's little surprise that a pair of AFC North rivals -- the Bengals and Baltimore Ravens -- have shown interest since Harrison was released by the Steelers last month. He wreaked havoc on the division for more than a decade and will be hellbent to prove that Pittsburgh has made a grave mistake.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159469/article/james-harrison-cincinnati-bengals-share-high-interest[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Wow. This is more great news for the steelers. Definitely didnt want to see Harrison land in our division. I hope Gradkowski gets plenty of reps with the first team this summer!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    Wow. This is more great news for the steelers. Definitely didnt want to see Harrison land in our division. I hope Gradkowski gets plenty of reps with the first team this summer!
    Maybe Ben will find a way to take some paternity leave when they play the Bengals. Cincy is already at a talent level to win the North. If they get a couple good breaks... (it makes me vomit in my mouth a little to think about it).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    K Money. Wallace's Boy. Mendy was pretty tight too & he isn't here but I think he dug his own hole.

Saw you mock. Got some gamers on there. I would be pleased with that.
    JPN, consider this Chadman purposefully stirring the pot, but what hole did Mendy dig for himself? He has been, far and away, one of the better performed Steeler draft picks from the Tomlin era, discounting 2 injury marred seasons.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

Yea the Bengals are on the move. As it stands now we are on the outside lookin' in.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ern McCracken View Post
    Yea the Bengals are on the move. As it stands now we are on the outside lookin' in.
    It's tough to have all the Bengal fans laughing at us. While I can remind them that they won a playoff game in over 20 years, their arrow is pointed north right now and ours is spinning.