Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Harrison to Meet with Bengals

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree. It makes me laugh how everyone thinks Harrison is still the DPOY. He has been nothing more than an average OLB the past two years and will be the same for whoever he signs with.
    Harrison, misses entire month of Sept, played half the season recovering has 70 tackles and 6 sacks

    D. Ware, Probowl olb with 56 tackles 11 sacks plays all 16 games
    R Mathis Probowl olb with 33 tackles and 8 sacks plays 12 games

    70 tackles in 12 games aint average in a 3/4.

    But get this:

    Last 7 games Harrison not only had more tackles than every AFC Probowl OLBer, but had MORE SACKS than any AFC probowl OLBer with the exception of Von Miller.

    The last 7 games, Harrison EASILY played at a Probowl level outperforming his competition.

    All Harrison needs to do is avoid injury, and the dude was GETTING STRONGER as the season wore on.

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Harrison, misses entire month of Sept, played half the season recovering has 70 tackles and 6 sacks

    D. Ware, Probowl olb with 56 tackles 11 sacks plays all 16 games
    R Mathis Probowl olb with 33 tackles and 8 sacks plays 12 games

    70 tackles in 12 games aint average in a 3/4.

    But get this:

    Last 7 games Harrison not only had more tackles than every AFC Probowl OLBer, but had MORE SACKS than any AFC probowl OLBer with the exception of Von Miller.

    The last 7 games, Harrison EASILY played at a Probowl level outperforming his competition.

    All Harrison needs to do is avoid injury, and the dude was GETTING STRONGER as the season wore on.
    No disagreement there at all. Financially, however, a sacrifice needed to be made, and Harrison's age & cap number did not make for a good mix. Add to that- the Steelers had spent a 2nd round pick on the guy backing him up- the progression plan was in place.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    No disagreement there at all. Financially, however, a sacrifice needed to be made, and Harrison's age & cap number did not make for a good mix. Add to that- the Steelers had spent a 2nd round pick on the guy backing him up- the progression plan was in place.
    Sure, and we tried to sign him. Understandable.
    But my comments are a response to the idea that JH is "average".
    He will be a scary beast that now becomes OUR problem if he is signed by cincy.

    I am glad he is getting older, this should be a short term issue.
    I have no doubt a vengful JH will wreak havoc on us next year.

  4. #24
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    745
    Landing on any AFC North team but the Steelers will make for a disgusting end to his career. What a shame to lose such an icon. I blame Harrison's agent more than anyone.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Any ex Steeler who signs with a division rival has shown his true colors. I have no desire to have him in the BnG.
    The man is looking for a job. Has nothing to do with "true colors."

    If my firm let me go, I'd consider going to a firm that I often see on the other side. There is a competitive drive, and a desire to prove the other party wrong about your own abilities. Not to mention, who knows your body of work better than those that see you most often?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Harrison, misses entire month of Sept, played half the season recovering has 70 tackles and 6 sacks

    D. Ware, Probowl olb with 56 tackles 11 sacks plays all 16 games
    R Mathis Probowl olb with 33 tackles and 8 sacks plays 12 games

    70 tackles in 12 games aint average in a 3/4.

    But get this:

    Last 7 games Harrison not only had more tackles than every AFC Probowl OLBer, but had MORE SACKS than any AFC probowl OLBer with the exception of Von Miller.

    The last 7 games, Harrison EASILY played at a Probowl level outperforming his competition.

    All Harrison needs to do is avoid injury, and the dude was GETTING STRONGER as the season wore on.
    The suggestion that Harrison was an "average" OLB is absolutely absurd. Thank you for providing the stats to quantify that.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Karlos Dansby had six sacks in three years for the Dolphins


    Mr. Harrison had that many in a half season last year, even in a 4-3 Harrison would find his way to the QB. I would think JH would be the favorite of the two for the Bengals at this time.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The man is looking for a job. Has nothing to do with "true colors."

    If my firm let me go, I'd consider going to a firm that I often see on the other side. There is a competitive drive, and a desire to prove the other party wrong about your own abilities. Not to mention, who knows your body of work better than those that see you most often?
    While this is true, consider all the factors (hypothetically)...

    Did your firm let you go? Unfortunately, yes...

    Did your firm try to keep you? Also yes, but they did ask you to take a pay cut...insulting, no doubt...

    Would you now sign with another firm who offered you less than half of the reduced salary your original firm offered?

    With whom would you be angry?

  9. #29
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    While this is true, consider all the factors (hypothetically)...

    Did your firm let you go? Unfortunately, yes...

    Did your firm try to keep you? Also yes, but they did ask you to take a pay cut...insulting, no doubt...

    Would you now sign with another firm who offered you less than half of the reduced salary your original firm offered?

    With whom would you be angry?
    If that reduced salary was still on the table, Harrison would sign it. It was reported here by the local media that the Steelers made the decision they didn't want him back at all.

    http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2013/0...dont-want-you/

    So with them saying they don't want him at any salary, how can you blame him from seeking work no matter the employer, especially considering he didn't get a big contract until late in his career.

    Meanwhile Troy, who has missed more time than Harrison, keeps his full contract amount and same with Ike.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 04-12-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    @_Hellgrammite

  10. #30
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Harrison, misses entire month of Sept, played half the season recovering has 70 tackles and 6 sacks

    D. Ware, Probowl olb with 56 tackles 11 sacks plays all 16 games
    R Mathis Probowl olb with 33 tackles and 8 sacks plays 12 games

    70 tackles in 12 games aint average in a 3/4.

    But get this:

    Last 7 games Harrison not only had more tackles than every AFC Probowl OLBer, but had MORE SACKS than any AFC probowl OLBer with the exception of Von Miller.

    The last 7 games, Harrison EASILY played at a Probowl level outperforming his competition.

    All Harrison needs to do is avoid injury, and the dude was GETTING STRONGER as the season wore on.
    Exactly. It was blatantly obvious that Harrison was not healthy early in the year and he turned it on towards the end. That is why I would have kept Harrison over Ike. Ike isn't a playmaker and definitely isn't worth elite CB money at this stage. Harrison impacts the game moreso than Ike ever has or ever will.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •