Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison to Meet with Bengals

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

People can rip the Bengals all they want, but they played postseason ball last year while we watched. Marv Lewis has a decent squad.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Bengals win the division with Deebo. Easy

I find it very interesting that he has only dealt with division foes. He has shown interest in EVERY LAST ONE.

One might assume that they have more interest because they have been on the other side of JH domination in the past.

But I wonder......is his agent being sent specifically to division rivals to drum up interest?
    Remember JH also mentioned the Browns, though to my knowledge they have not shown interest in him.
    Is JH especially desirous of making the Steelers regret letting him go by PURSUING division rivals, rather than those teams pursuing him?

Though some disagree, the JH that ended the season is a pro bowl lock and would wreak havoc on our team specifically.

I hope I am wrong but the thought of him on the Bengals would be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/bengals-james-harrison-meet/[/URL]

Ugh. I'd rather not see James end his career in those awful uniforms and with that awful franchise. I'd rather see him go to the NFC, if anything (I'd love to see him return to the Steelers but really doubt that it happens).

I also don't want to see James added to what is already becoming a decent defense.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-11-2013 at 07:43 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Update: NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Newtork's "NFL Total Access" that the Bengals liked what they heard from Harrison on Wednesday night and Thursday, but there will be no immediate signing. Asked if Harrison could help, a Bengals source replied, "We think so. Really good attitude, really good personality." It's likely that the Bengals will eventually sign either Harrison or Karlos Dansby, according to Rapoport.

Legend

User Info Menu

Any ex Steeler who signs with a division rival has shown his true colors. I have no desire to have him in the BnG.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Any ex Steeler who signs with a division rival has shown his true colors. I have no desire to have him in the BnG.
    Nah man. How can you blame him when we don't even want him. Don't be shocked if he rattles off a solid dozen sacks while Worilds doesn't stack up.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agree. It makes me laugh how everyone thinks Harrison is still the DPOY. He has been nothing more than an average OLB the past two years and will be the same for whoever he signs with.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This would be like Jack Lambert going to the Browns back in the day. Harrison is my all-time favorite Steeler. I get that he parted ways with the team. The economics weren't right. I was, however, hoping that he'd go to New Orleans or Philly or something. The idea of seeing Bengals fans with #92 Harrison jersey's on makes me vomit in my mouth a little.

Deebo still has a good year or two in him outside of a freak injury and would be our best OLB if he was on the team. Can Ben and Adams/Gilbert maybe pool some money to send him on a nice year-long vacation? It might be in their best interest. This is not good. Not good at all. My only hope would be that maybe he doesn't do as well in a 4-3 scheme. Ugh!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Nah man. How can you blame him when we don't even want him. Don't be shocked if he rattles off a solid dozen sacks while Worilds doesn't stack up.
    we want him, offered him a contract. He just wants paid.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Damn this sucks...

Cheaper James Harrison playing OLB at 34 y/o >>>>> Overpaid Ike Taylor playing CB at 33.5 y/o

The Steelers personnel decisions this offseason have been terrible.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Agree. It makes me laugh how everyone thinks Harrison is still the DPOY. He has been nothing more than an average OLB the past two years and will be the same for whoever he signs with.
    People thought much the same about Porter when we kicked him to the curb. He's done. Has bad knees.
    @_Hellgrammite