Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats sign Sanders

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That gives the team 4 picks in the first 100. I don't know if I just let him walk and start to rebuild this aging team the way it's always been done, through the draft. Manny is probably not worth the money New England shelled out to hurt us.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Starter

User Info Menu

They Young Money Crew is no more.... I say let him go, use the extra 3rd on Stedman Bailey or Terrance Williams.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Backup

User Info Menu

Looks like receiver just jumped up considerably on the list of need... along with just about every other position. Need to have a jam up draft this year or we're going to be mediocre for several years to come...especially if the injuries happen in mass numbers like they have the last few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Patriots sign Emmanuel Sanders to offer sheet

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 10, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    The Patriots are making a move for wide receiver [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5885/emmanuel-sanders"]Emmanuel Sanders[/URL].

Sanders, a restricted free agent from the Steelers, has signed an offer sheet with the Patriots, according to multiple reports.

That means the Steelers will have five days to either match the Patriots’ offer and keep Sanders, or decline to match it and let Sanders become a Patriot. If the Steelers don’t match, they get the Patriots’ third-round draft pick, No. 91 overall.

The offer is reportedly a one-year contract. The Patriots have more cap space than the Steelers this season, so it wouldn’t be hard for New England to offer Sanders a higher salary in 2013 than the Steelers can afford to pay. But if the Patriots send the Steelers their third-round draft pick they’ll be almost out of ammunition in the draft: They’ve already traded away their fourth-round pick for
    [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4640/aqib-talib"]Aqib Talib[/URL], their fifth-round pick for [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2636/albert-haynesworth"]Albert Haynesworth[/URL] and their sixth-round pick for Chad Ochocinco.

Sanders visited the Patriots a month ago, and the possibility that he could land in New England has been much-discussed since then. If the Steelers don’t match, then the Patriots have taken a big step toward filling the gaps in their receiving corps, and the Steelers — who have already lost
    [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace"]Mike Wallace[/URL] in free agency — will be down two of their top three wide receivers.

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We will receive the 91st pick overall and 1.3 million in cap space if we let him walk. We could sign Steve Breaston for the vet min by now I am sure and that would fill the spot. Take Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey and we are set. No worries
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Schefter is saying money won't be the issue..It will be about is he worth a 3rd pick and what the Steelers "Long term" plans are with him. It is tough to call. Deep WR class. Hate to see him go but I guess we will see what the Steelers crystal ball was telling them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    we will receive the 91st pick overall and 1.3 million in cap space if we let him walk. We could sign steve breaston for the vet min by now i am sure and that would fill the spot. Take tavon austin and stedman bailey and we are set. No worries
    whhhhhooooooooo hhhhhhhooooooooooooo
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Looking at the visitors so far I wonder if the Steelers planned on this happening. The majority of their visitors so far have been 2-3 projected round picks. Take into consideration that only 2 1st rounders have visted so far and maybe the Steelers plan on having 2 seconds and 3 thirds this year? Let Sanders walk and trade back?

With Sanders

Draft 2.2
    1. Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
    2. Eric Reid, S, LSU
    3. Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU
    4. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
    5. Landry Jones, QB, OU
    6a. Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia
    6b. Duke Williams, SS, Nevada
    7. Vince Williams, ILB, FSU

Without Sander.

Draft 2.3
    1. Tavon Austin, WR, WVU
    2. Eric Reid, S, LSU
    3. Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU
    3b.Malliciah Goodman, OLB, Clemson
    4. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
    5. Landry Jones, QB, OU
    6a. Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia
    6b. Duke Williams, SS, Nevada
    7. Vince Williams, ILB, FSU
    Last edited by calmkiller; 04-10-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Sanders but don't know that he's worth $4M. We still have AB, Plax and I believe Cotch, right ? As unimpressive as that is, it's still on par with or better than what we won the Super Bowl with in 2005.

Bring in some new talent from the draft and see where it goes.

The Steelers this season will hardly resemble the one from last season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let him go, take the 3rd. Trade pick 17 to Miami for their two second rounders.
    @_Hellgrammite