Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy's heir and hopefully 2013 Steelers draft pick

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Troy's heir and hopefully 2013 Steelers draft pick

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yifgO8Bv58&feature=youtu.be[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't like evaluating a player based on a highlight reel...because it excludes his lowlights, but the thing that stood out is his closing speed and his hard hitting. Two traits in common with #43.

Legend

User Info Menu

I read a report on Walter Football where Tony Jefferson has been getting trashed by some of his former OU coaches for having horrible practice habits and a lack of work ethic in the weight room.

doesn't sound like the kind of player the Steelers would be interested in...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I haven't talked with Bob Stoops but I can tell you I have seen every snap of the kids career. I think he still has a long way to develop so it wouldn't surprise that his coaches thought he should have been a better player. However his athletic ability is fantastic and I think Tomlin, LeBeau and Lake (Clark and Troy too) would do him a world of good. Hopefully he falls a bit and we can snag him in the 4th.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was watching a Cyprien highlight reel earlier today & thought he could potentially be a Troy replacement as well.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Geez there's some promising looking Safeties in this draft!

Jefferson looks good. Shamarko Thomas looks good. Matt Elam, Eric Reid, Phillip Thomas, Shawn Williams, etc, etc...Josh Evans too...

Steelers should get a good shot at a quality player.

Chadman wonders if the overall strength of the position will actually cause the run on Safeties to start a little later than planned? Pretty sure most draft sites have a couple of the top guys going between mid-1st & early 2nd... but if teams look at the Safety class & decide they can get 'value' in Round 3, we might not see the run on Safeties kick off until late 2nd or even early 3rd.

Matt Elam in the 2nd round would be great.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I was watching a Cyprien highlight reel earlier today & thought he could potentially be a Troy replacement as well.
    $$$ I like this guy as well.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Geez there's some promising looking Safeties in this draft!

Jefferson looks good. Shamarko Thomas looks good. Matt Elam, Eric Reid, Phillip Thomas, Shawn Williams, etc, etc...Josh Evans too...

Steelers should get a good shot at a quality player.

Chadman wonders if the overall strength of the position will actually cause the run on Safeties to start a little later than planned? Pretty sure most draft sites have a couple of the top guys going between mid-1st & early 2nd... but if teams look at the Safety class & decide they can get 'value' in Round 3, we might not see the run on Safeties kick off until late 2nd or even early 3rd.

Matt Elam in the 2nd round would be great.
    i was thinking the same Chadman. In a passing league you figure the QB, WR/TE, OL are the most important and DB's and LB's are on defense.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    i was thinking the same Chadman. In a passing league you figure the QB, WR/TE, OL are the most important and DB's and LB's are on defense.
    While teams will ALWAYS recite the importance of having a good run game/ ability to stop the run, it's obvious 'Big Plays' are now the order of the day in the NFL- so passing plays, QB's, WR's, yes- the OL & on Defense, CB's & pass rushers will be the premium guys.

Players that can create or disrupt big plays are the gold of the NFL.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we do go DB in Round One, he's got a lot of experience (Ike, Troy, and Clark = ~30 years of professional experience) to draw from.