Thread: Troy's heir and hopefully 2013 Steelers draft pick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    i was thinking the same Chadman. In a passing league you figure the QB, WR/TE, OL are the most important and DB's and LB's are on defense.
    While teams will ALWAYS recite the importance of having a good run game/ ability to stop the run, it's obvious 'Big Plays' are now the order of the day in the NFL- so passing plays, QB's, WR's, yes- the OL & on Defense, CB's & pass rushers will be the premium guys.

Players that can create or disrupt big plays are the gold of the NFL.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

That being said, Chadman is not convinced that this current trend/theory is necessarily correct in all it's beliefs. The NFL is very copycat, so it seems most teams feel this way. But it just needs one team to be able to dominate on the ground through the running game, or on Defense, be so stifling in run defense & capable of turnovers in pass defense that suddenly other teams will want to 'be like that' too.

Guess it really depends on which teams/coaches are the sheep, and which are the sheperds.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.