Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Realistically, what positions could we draft in round 1?

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see how any position other than QB, K, P and possibly C could be off the table. The Steelers can take their highest rated player not playing one of those 4 positions and have it be considered a good pick. There isn't a position on defense in which the Steelers can't use an upgrade except safety, but we're going to need a safety next year for sure, maybe 2.

On offense except for quarterback and center there isn't a position that couldn't use an upgrade or help based on lost free agents and injuries.

The draft is wide open for the Steelers, IMO. They will get the best player available at a position of need, it would be almost impossible to miss the target this year.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

at this point my prediction is going to be TE Eifert.
    steelers will play it slick and show no interest in him. (the classic smokescreen)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    at this point my prediction is going to be TE Eifert.
    steelers will play it slick and show no interest in him. (the classic smokescreen)
    I hope so.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If I remember correctly, were there not people upset when we drafted Ben? I wasn't on this board at that point. I may have still been on Steelers official board then. But I seem to remember people being upset because we had Tommy Maddox and they didn't think we needed Ben, or didn't want Ben. I can remember watching the draft and hoping he would fall to us. But I can't really recall what everyone else thought. QB hasn't been ruled out, even though we have larger needs elsewhere. Would the Steelers be interested in a QB?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    If I remember correctly, were there not people upset when we drafted Ben? I wasn't on this board at that point. I may have still been on Steelers official board then. But I seem to remember people being upset because we had Tommy Maddox and they didn't think we needed Ben, or didn't want Ben. I can remember watching the draft and hoping he would fall to us. But I can't really recall what everyone else thought. QB hasn't been ruled out, even though we have larger needs elsewhere. Would the Steelers be interested in a QB?
    I remember watching the GMAC Bowl that year (2003) and seeing Ben totally destroy the Louisville Cardinals...he was ridiculous...

I also laughed because the opposing QB was named similarly to the security guard in Mallrats...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I remember watching the GMAC Bowl that year (2003) and seeing Ben totally destroy the Louisville Cardinals...he was ridiculous...

I also laughed because the opposing QB was named similarly to the security guard in Mallrats...
    Watched that game, too. 299 and 4 td's in the first half of a 38 - 14 pounding... called my dad and told him that was our new QB.

Backup

User Info Menu

To the larger point of surprise drafting a QB, who is there that would be any kind of worthwhile in that spot? Ben was a faller. Aaron Rodgers was the classic faller. I'd only go QB if there was one whose talent significantly outshone the draft slot, and this draft is entirely bereft of that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    To the larger point of surprise drafting a QB, who is there that would be any kind of worthwhile in that spot? Ben was a faller. Aaron Rodgers was the classic faller. I'd only go QB if there was one whose talent significantly outshone the draft slot, and this draft is entirely bereft of that.

i would official resign as a steeler fan if we draft a qb in the first round.............first few rounds actualy unless a ton of picks came with it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i would official resign as a steeler fan if we draft a qb in the first round.............first few rounds actualy unless a ton of picks came with it
    I suppose if they traded Ben and the team got a Herschel Walker-eque deal for many players it might be worth it. I don't see that happening though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Does a free crown come with the "Drama Queen" designation?