Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben on Wallace: Steelers will miss him, Dolphins are lucky

Legend

User Info Menu

Big Ben on Wallace: Steelers will miss him, Dolphins are lucky

Big Ben on Wallace: Steelers will miss him, Dolphins are lucky

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2013

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger thinks the Dolphins are going to get their money’s worth from their five-year, $60 million contract with receiver Mike Wallace.

Roethlisberger told TheFinsiders.com that Wallace is a complete receiver, and much more than just a deep threat with great speed.

“Mike is way more,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s to Mike’s credit. Mike is really focused on becoming a better receiver. So he’s focused on his route running. He’s focused on running out-routes, and curl-routes, and in-routes and doing all the little things that’s required to become a great wide receiver. That’s why he, to me, is one of the best in the league, because he not only has that speed – he can run by anybody – but he can run routes and he can get open. That’s why we’re going to miss him, and the Dolphins are lucky to have him.”

Roethlisberger added that Wallace will be a strong presence in the Dolphins’ locker room.

“He’s a great teammate, obviously a great player, but I thought he was even better off the field. Just a great guy, great teammate. Miami is very lucky to have him because he’s a great player,” Roethlisberger said.

Wallace will need to be every bit as great as Roethlisberger says he is to be worth the money the Dolphins are paying him.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/big-ben-on-wallace-steelers-will-miss-him-dolphins-are-lucky/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw this earlier on nfl.com and just can't wait to see how people spin this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Two rings w/o Wallace, zero with.
    Not really concerned,
    Ben cried what we less Burress go and won championships without him.

But Ben makes Sportcenter highlights way more with Wallace, so I guess it's a big loss.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Losing a 1000 yard receiver that is starting to come into his own is never easy but he was just at a number that Steelers couldn't pay. I'm sure that the FO would have loved to have had him back too.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I actually agree with Ben. However, I wish he would have went on to explain how an offense can look so damn pathetic with Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Cotchery.

Legend

User Info Menu

Top salaried receivers are simply overpaid period.

Cardinals had two receivers excellent receivers when we played them in the SB.

Kept the better one and gave elite money and has no ring, on a team with deteriorating talent.
    They let the lesser one go and he and his reasonable salary excelled in the playoffs and just won the SB.

Wallace aint no Fitz and the fins aint gonna do jack squat.

Dolphins take a 15 mil cap hit next year for the "privilege" of having Wallace on their roster.
    Wallace wanted the big bucks and he got his. I got no hate for him, that is his priority.

But the fins are stupid.

Before agreeing with Ben, do any of you wanna screw our cap like that?

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1567256-miami-dolphins-will-regret-mike-wallaces-giant-contract-for-years-to-come[/URL]
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll miss him too, but we can't cry over spilled milk. The Steelers have to find ways to replace what he did for us over the years it might just be in a different way.

No worries Ben, you still have the great Spaeth, Paulson and CO., plus your 600 Yrd. back who needs oxygen after two runs. Gilbert got your back and the Steelers will focus on the defense in the draft, you'll be alright son!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I saw this earlier on nfl.com and just can't wait to see how people spin this one.
    Yeah, the article came from a Dolphins blog. Of course Ben was going to say nice things about Wallace.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I won't miss him. He better run by people cause if anyone is near him on any other route than the go route he won't make an effort. Ben should thank Wallace for two or three of his interventions this past year.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, the article came from a Dolphins blog. Of course Ben was going to say nice things about Wallace.
    That's what I was thinking too. There are Steelers fans that I know that will think it's some kind of coded way of Ben talking down the FO or something. In reality, he was just saying some nice things about a friend.