Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben on Wallace: Steelers will miss him, Dolphins are lucky

Backup

User Info Menu

Stop the BS Ben...we all saw what Wally was about, and he has no hands...

Wally will be exposed as a fraud...he just stole 60m from the fish...

Can't wait until Wally shows up in Pittsburgh!!!!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I actually agree with Ben. However, I wish he would have went on to explain how an offense can look so damn pathetic with Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Cotchery.
    Amen brother!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"Mike is really focused on becoming a better receiver. So he’s focused on his route running. He’s focused on running out-routes, and curl-routes, and in-routes and doing all the little things that’s required to become a great wide receiver."

So then why was he such a pu$$y last year. We all know he's talented. But he was a big reason for our collapse last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I actually agree with Ben. However, I wish he would have went on to explain how an offense can look so damn pathetic with Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Cotchery.
    So if our offense was pathetic with two of of our TD' leaders Wallace and Miller plus the above, how will it be without Wallace and Miller for part of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by JDSteeler View Post
    Stop the BS Ben...we all saw what Wally was about, and he has no hands...
    Wally will be exposed as a fraud...he just stole 60m from the fish...

Can't wait until Wally shows up in Pittsburgh!!!!!

JD
    Check the Stats on dropped passes by all NFL receivers, there are several that had more drops than Wallace.
    Last edited by supersteeler; 04-06-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

Because the running game was worthless, and Roethlisberger suffered a freak injury to his throwing shoulder/rib, and he had to come back earlier than recommended because the team was suddenly down to its third-string QB, and opposing defenses took away all the short receiving options and forced the passing game to become more vertical, which didn't work because a) Roethlisberger was scattershot playing through said throwing shoulder/rib injury, and b) the offensive line suddenly dealt with a litany of injuries themselves late in the season. Death by a thousand cuts. Not to mention the fact that some of the players weren't good fits for Todd Haley's system, which requires versatile WRs who can run more than just "go" routes consistently well (sorry, Mike Wallace), and athletic offensive linemen who excel at "zone" blocking (sorry, Max Starks and Willie Colon).
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Because the running game was worthless, and Roethlisberger suffered a freak injury to his throwing shoulder/rib, and he had to come back earlier than recommended because the team was suddenly down to its third-string QB, and opposing defenses took away all the short receiving options and forced the passing game to become more vertical, which didn't work because a) Roethlisberger was scattershot playing through said throwing shoulder/rib injury, and b) the offensive line suddenly dealt with a litany of injuries themselves late in the season. Death by a thousand cuts. Not to mention the fact that some of the players weren't good fits for Todd Haley's system, which requires versatile WRs who can run more than just "go" routes consistently well (sorry, Mike Wallace), and athletic offensive linemen who excel at "zone" blocking (sorry, Max Starks and Willie Colon).
    This.

Fix the run game and there will be no need to worry about the pass offense regardless of who is playing WR. Teams are more and more building their defense to stop the pass. This is the time to find a RB (and OL) that can make them pay.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post

Check the Stats on dropped passes by all NFL receivers, there are several that had more drops than Wallace.
    Is that a SERIOUS reply? "there are several receivers" who dropped more passes? Really?
    You are suggesting that all but a few receivers have worse hands than Wallace? THAT is a defense?
    He is getting PAID the big bucks for THAT?

He forced the Fins to to give him a deal that counts 14 mil against the cap next year.

I am not saying we are better without him.

I am saying that we are better without him if we have to PAY HIM what he wanted. We trade ONE talented receiver for a reduction in our overall talent. It happens every time.

ANYONE who was FOR signing him, would YOU pay that and DESTROY any hope of keeping other talent for years to come?

Please tell me WHAT TOP PAID RECEIVER HAS WON A SB IN RECENT YEARS PERIOD? It does not happen.

Elite receivers are overpaid to the detriment of their teams. Wallace aint even elite.

I gave you the example earier-

Two Card receivers one got paid, one moved on and got a "reasonable" contract.

The "elite" guy's team is WORSE.
    The lesser receiver has a ring.

YOU CANNOT COMPETE WITH STUPID OWNERS WHO OVERPAY RECEIVERS AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. PERIOD.

Anyone who thinks we should have given Wallace what he wanted, please prove me wrong by citing examples of the last time signing a receiver to a big contract led to a championship? Rice or Irvin? 1990s? Last DECADE? Zero.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

A QB makes receivers, not the other way around. Brady made Deion Branch look all world. When was the last time a WR made a QB? Ben will throw for 4000 yards+ this season without Wallace. I would rather spend he money shaping up our D.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    A QB makes receivers, not the other way around. Brady made Deion Branch look all world. When was the last time a WR made a QB? Ben will throw for 4000 yards+ this season without Wallace. I would rather spend he money shaping up our D.
    I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with such a blanket statement in all cases. The QB is certainly the more important position to have a franchise player in. But I think Anquan Boldin helped make Flacco more than the other way around.

That said, we did win a ring with Hines, Cedric Wilson and Randel El. And we can win another without Wallace. I hope that Antonio turns out to be our next Hines Ward. Big shoes to fill despite the fact that a certain board member always referred to Hines as a "dime a dozen" receiver.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm not sure I'm 100% on board with such a blanket statement in all cases. The QB is certainly the more important position to have a franchise player in. But I think Anquan Boldin helped make Flacco more than the other way around.

That said, we did win a ring with Hines, Cedric Wilson and Randel El. And we can win another without Wallace. I hope that Antonio turns out to be our next Hines Ward. Big shoes to fill despite the fact that a certain board member always referred to Hines as a "dime a dozen" receiver.
    Arizona had two receivers.
    When they had the SAME QB, NOBODY put Boldin anywhere near Fitz in terms of talent.Z
    "IF" the receiver makes the QB, what is the problem with Zona?

All of a sudden EVERYBODY want a Boldin.

True boldin made great catches, in traffic. No different than Swann back in the day. Does that mean Bradshaw gets no credit?

But the dude has been a Raven for three seasons, and NEVER made Flacco a great QB.

Flacco was just as inaccurate as ever WITH Boldin during most of his time as a Raven.
    Boldin was always a strong, physical, player. He could not fix Flacco the scrub, just as the superior Fitz cant fix the scrubs he deals with today.

Truth is, Flacco got hot,for a handful of games. That was the difference with this run.

As Steeler fan we are haters, we just have a hard time giving Flacco the credit he deserves.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher