Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nose Tackle in the 1st?

Lots of other bigger needs at this point though...given the recent departures via free agency, etc. I haven't seen the steelers defense this thin (depth wise) at linebacker and safety for many years.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm all for value when we can get it, but unless Hankins is Ngata Jr, I find it difficult to justify spending our #1 (and the third #1 in four years) on the D-line. Chadman asked the question whether any failings at NT had anything to do with a lack of pass-rush... presuming he means less obvious passing situations. I don't think NT played much into that. If you think of the top interior power guys today (Ngata, Suh, Wilfork, etc.) I don't see the NT having the presence that it once did. In previous eras, a dominant NT seemed to be a hallmark of strong D (shutting down the run). These days, it seems that having that guy in there doesn't have the same value it once did (what with the Spread maybe?)

As I said, if he's Ngata, I'm fine taking him there. Otherwise, I would hope that there is better value elsewhere.
    So, in other words, if Star falls, yeah, but otherwise, no. Since all of Star's post-Combine heart tests came back without issue (it was likely a mixture of illness and dehydration in Indy), it's highly doubtful he falls out of the top 10 (and perhaps not out of the top 5).