Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ta'amu gets 18 months probation

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    yes sir, and he tail gated before with some O'DOULS...
    Well, O'Douls has alchohol content I believe... like 0.5% or so. He probably had a 100 of them.

Seriously though, how does he get off with 1.5 years probation? (Obviously we know now.) Oh, what a legal system we have!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The Steelers looked to be suffering from poor discipline last season, Ta'amu's actions being a case in point. Hopefully the Steelers are stepping on this now & he can turn things around, but Chadman suspects he's not only on probation with the law, but also the Football Team. Would not be surprised if he is put under even more strenuous pressure in TC to essentially, kick his bum back into line.

If the Steelers were not in a pickle at NT, would he still be a Steeler?

Dangerous behavior. Situational Ethics.

Though I believe in second chances and redemption, this one is tough.
    I imagine most of us would be doing time for at least months for this same behavior. And is this a 3rd chance for him ??? Just asking.

My professional code of ethics is very strict, as is my professional licensing. What he did would end my professional career. Much less than what he did would end my professional career. His career is likely preserved.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Well, O'Douls has alchohol content I believe... like 0.5% or so. He probably had a 100 of them.

Seriously though, how does he get off with 1.5 years probation? (Obviously we know now.) Oh, what a legal system we have!
    [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/04/steelers-alameda-taamu-celebrates-getting-probation-for-dui-by-driving-around-with-whisky/[/URL]

i told yah!!

UPDATE:

#Steelers NT Alameda Ta’amu Clarifies Twitter SNAFU & Says He No Longer Drinks
    On Sunday night, Pittsburgh Steelers nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu made a bad mistake when he retweeted a Twitter picture posted by @ME0ish showing him in a car with a bottle of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky. After posting about the picture, the retweet by Ta'amu has since been deleted, as has the original picture.

Ta'amu has now taken to Twitter to clarify things.

I don't go out and I don't drink.. I've passed every UA test since October 14.. I'm in Pitt training.. Focused for next season. HONEST MISTAKE. Really. Didn't look at his pic before sending my tweet. Wouldn't joke about that."
    Last edited by LordVile; 04-08-2013 at 04:21 AM.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/04/steelers-alameda-taamu-celebrates-getting-probation-for-dui-by-driving-around-with-whisky/[/URL]

i told yah!!

UPDATE:

#Steelers NT Alameda Ta’amu Clarifies Twitter SNAFU & Says He No Longer Drinks
    On Sunday night, Pittsburgh Steelers nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu made a bad mistake when he retweeted a Twitter picture posted by @ME0ish showing him in a car with a bottle of Fireball Cinnamon Whisky. After posting about the picture, the retweet by Ta'amu has since been deleted, as has the original picture.

Ta'amu has now taken to Twitter to clarify things.

I don't go out and I don't drink.. I've passed every UA test since October 14.. I'm in Pitt training.. Focused for next season. HONEST MISTAKE. Really. Didn't look at his pic before sending my tweet. Wouldn't joke about that."
    Nice follow up. I saw the article thought the worst. I think this kid can and will do a solid job next year for us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Dangerous behavior. Situational Ethics.

Though I believe in second chances and redemption, this one is tough.
    I imagine most of us would be doing time for at least months for this same behavior. And is this a 3rd chance for him ??? Just asking.

My professional code of ethics is very strict, as is my professional licensing. What he did would end my professional career. Much less than what he did would end my professional career. His career is likely preserved.
    I think many of us get caught up in "fairness". While I would love for the world to be fair, it isn't. Football players who the Steelers want to keep, get special treatment. It's that simple. On a side note, I am happy that this guy is getting a second chance despite it not being "fair".
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think many of us get caught up in "fairness". While I would love for the world to be fair, it isn't. Football players who the Steelers want to keep, get special treatment. It's that simple. On a side note, I am happy that this guy is getting a second chance despite it not being "fair".
    I think it's time for Steeler fans to drop the "higher standard crap" we love to talk about when bashing other teams...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    Nice follow up. I saw the article thought the worst. I think this kid can and will do a solid job next year for us.
    it's still says something about this kids character. These players love showing their stupidity on twitter.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The problem isn't "fairness"...it is the idea that "fairness" is the same as "equal treatment"...

What is "fair" is not necessarily the same as what is "equal"...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The problem isn't "fairness"...it is the idea that "fairness" is the same as "equal treatment"...

What is "fair" is not necessarily the same as what is "equal"...
    who said it was fair OR equal treatment?

I think we all know professional athletes and the rich and famous aren't treated like the rest of us when it comes to crime and punishment...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    who said it was fair OR equal treatment?

I think we all know professional athletes and the rich and famous aren't treated like the rest of us when it comes to crime and punishment...
    Agree. I think this is commonly understood.