Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kiper's Mock 4.0

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Lots of "ifs" for these guys to be building blocks! I'm pretty certain you would get about 30 catches minimum out of Eifert his rookie year.
    or we could see him get the snot knocked out of him and have the dropsies... we definitely have no idea how this kid will perform at the next level.

Quick question... how many games did you watch him play? What does he do that makes him so darn special?

Just wondering because I think he is a solid pass catching TE but I didn't see All Pro or unstoppable in college.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    or we could see him get the snot knocked out of him and have the dropsies... we definitely have no idea how this kid will perform at the next level.

Quick question... how many games did you watch him play? What does he do that makes him so darn special?

Just wondering because I think he is a solid pass catching TE but I didn't see All Pro or unstoppable in college.
    Probably watch 6-7 ND games last year. Not sure what makes an All Pro in college but what I saw was a player who caught everything that was thrown to him and created a match up nightmare for defenses who clearly were keying on trying to stop him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Because he's freaking from ND. He's the Fighting Irish! Don't you know that automatically makes a good player = a great player especially in the media's eyes.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Lots of "ifs" for these guys to be building blocks! I'm pretty certain you would get about 30 catches minimum out of Eifert his rookie year.
    Lot of "ifs" on Vaccaro or Jones, but all of these guys come with question marks. Eifert is not without question marks. I'm pretty certain you could get 30 catches out of Paulson if you wanted to. That's not even 2 per game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Lot of "ifs" on Vaccaro or Jones, but all of these guys come with question marks. Eifert is not without question marks. I'm pretty certain you could get 30 catches out of Paulson if you wanted to. That's not even 2 per game.
    Yep.. it really comes down to philosophy and I don't think we are going to use 2 TE's like the Pats.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No thanks, I'll pass on Eifert.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Well... so much for drafting Eifert....

Kiper mock drafts are never right... Kiprer has officially smashed all the "Eifert at 1.17" hopes and dreams.
    Truer words were never spoken. I like Kiper, because I like to think of the notion that a guy working out of his mom's basement (probably not far from the truth when he started out) could become the hallmark of ESPN's draft coverage. That being said (and watching him over the past 20 years), the guy is never right. (I distinctly remember him touting Marc Spindler as a "regular in Hawaii, i.e. Pro Bowl, way back when. He hasn't changed much IMO.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is everyone so determined to copy the Patriots?

Funny how the 'how can you be excited about a defensive player who has never played a down in the NFL' argument is thrown out there alongside the 'Eifert will be an immediate impact contributer' when he himself, has never played a down in the NFL....

And lastly, if TE is suddenly the new vogue trend of the NFL, as many would like us to believe, that must mean the demand for 1st round TE selections has gone up recently, yes? Strangely, TE's still, traditionally, come off the board around the Round 3 range. If the Steelers draft a TE in Round 3, they'll be looking at the 3rd or 4th rated TE on the board. Compare that with other positions like OLB, NT, CB, WR, RB, ILB or any OL position... and Chadman is pretty sure you'll see just how the demand for TE's has increased, as we are being lead to believe.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Why is everyone so determined to copy the Patriots?
    I can't speak for others, but my desire to get Eifert had nothing to do with the Patriots. My thinking was simply that Heath is more than likely out for half the year. He was our best weapon last year and we don't know what form he'll be in when he gets back. Spaeth is a good blocker but is less than average as a pass catcher. The other TE's on the roster aren't so hot at all. People have talked about drafting a WR at #17, but the TE's on the roster now are worse as a unit than the WR's on the roster (assuming Sanders stays). In drafting the top TE, the team gets a guy that can help in run support and also be a receiving weapon- especially in the red zone.

When Heath gets back, it's still no problem because now you have two top weapons at the position that would be very hard to cover. If that makes us like the Pat's, so be it, but that's not what's driving my thinking anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

I had watched a lot of ND this year, but I went back and watched some highlights of Eifert. Most of his catches came when he was split out wide. Also, as a TE, his blocking leaves an awful lot to be desired. Watching him and Ertz, Eifert is clearly the better receiver. Ertz does not appear to be a great blocker, either, but he at least gets a hat on somebody.

Getting Eifert to play a traditional TE role would take some conversion. If you want a big WR, why not just draft a big WR.