Kiper's Mock 4.0

Couldn't have said it better myself:

Tyler Eifert *
    Pittsburgh Steelers (8-

COLLEGE: Notre Dame
    HT: 6-6
    WT: 250
    POS: TE

Analysis: Really like this fit. Eifert gives the Steelers a different kind of matchup headache for defenses -- one that doesn't directly replace Mike Wallace, but adds a new dimension to the offense. In fact, he might do more to offset the loss of Wallace than another speed threat would because he allows them to diversify. Eifert has the speed to stretch the seam and also develop routes to the edges, and can't be effectively covered by anybody. He's too tall for corners and safeties, too fast for linebackers.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind the pick at all.

Legend

User Info Menu

he runs .1 faster than Jarvis(4.8 vs 4.9)... but, he has the speed to stretch the seam and Jarvis is a turtle... wow... rich.

Oh yea... ANOTHER Eifert thread? Jeez!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    I wouldn't mind the pick at all.
    You have to be careful, Art "The Meddler" Rooney and the golf coach wouldn't know what to do with a play making tight end, be careful what you ask for.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

why would anyone want to draft a TE in Round 1 when we just re-signed Matt Spaeth and David Johnson?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    why would anyone want to draft a TE in Round 1 when we just re-signed Matt Spaeth and David Johnson?

How about Johnson is worthless and Spaeth is just average and the best TE we probably ever had is 30 years old and coming off a major knee injury and won't likely be able to start the 2013 season on the active roster.

Eifert is your future at TE which is becoming a more important position in the pass first NFL

Hope that helped
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    How about Johnson is worthless and Spaeth is just average and the best TE we probably ever had is 30 years old and coming off a major knee injury and won't likely be able to start the 2013 season on the active roster.

Eifert is your future at TE which is becoming a more important position in the pass first NFL

Hope that helped

Who is our future ILB, FS, SS, RB, #1 WR, and #1/#2 CB?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Hope that helped
    Eric Green???????????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    he runs .1 faster than Jarvis(4.8 vs 4.9)... but, he has the speed to stretch the seam and Jarvis is a turtle... wow... rich.
    LOL... wow, goes to show you Kiper is a hack. I hate that dude...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Well... so much for drafting Eifert....

Kiper mock drafts are never right... Kiprer has officially smashed all the "Eifert at 1.17" hopes and dreams.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.