Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kiper's Mock 4.0

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I had watched a lot of ND this year, but I went back and watched some highlights of Eifert. Most of his catches came when he was split out wide. Also, as a TE, his blocking leaves an awful lot to be desired. Watching him and Ertz, Eifert is clearly the better receiver. Ertz does not appear to be a great blocker, either, but he at least gets a hat on somebody.

Getting Eifert to play a traditional TE role would take some conversion. If you want a big WR, why not just draft a big WR.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Look back at the tape on Paulson from college- not seeing a great amount of difference between him & these guys.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I had watched a lot of ND this year, but I went back and watched some highlights of Eifert. Most of his catches came when he was split out wide. Also, as a TE, his blocking leaves an awful lot to be desired. Watching him and Ertz, Eifert is clearly the better receiver. Ertz does not appear to be a great blocker, either, but he at least gets a hat on somebody.

Getting Eifert to play a traditional TE role would take some conversion. If you want a big WR, why not just draft a big WR.
    I agree... but you have to remember.. people are in draft mode and are viewing Eifert as a savior.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.

Look back at the tape on Paulson from college- not seeing a great amount of difference between him & these guys.
    HD makes Eifert look better.

Legend

User Info Menu

the people that dont see all pro in Eifert

what did you see from gronk while he was in college?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the people that dont see all pro in Eifert

what did you see from gronk while he was in college?
    Good point... but look at half of the players on the Pats and you see a pattern. They get the most out of their players arent afraid to do untraditional things like put a TE at RB or a WR at DB.

Unless we are truly willing to change our philosophy on O and sling it 50 times a game I dont see All Pro from Eifert. I think we have to be realistic about how WE operate on offense vs the Pats.

If we had nothing at TE I would see your point but with Spaeth, Paulson, Johnson and Miller I dont see ud making a move on Eifert. I know some laugh at our other options but this is the Steelers.. its how we operate.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

1. Tyler Eifert, 6-5, 250 lbs, Notre Dame

This past season at Notre Dame, the Irish didn't have a reliable wide receiver. Their running back situation was a bit shaky. And quarterback Everett Golson was a young player trying to learn on the fly. All Notre Dame really had on offense was Tyler Eifert. He was the team's consistent force and showed that he looks to be the next tight end in line to follow in the footsteps of John Carlson and Kyle Rudolph, who wore the gold helmet before succeeding in the NFL.

Despite being double-teamed at times, or covered by cornerbacks, Eifert was given the Mackey Award, which is handed out to the nation's best tight end. Eifert is athletic. He uses his body well to create position. And he attacks the ball when it is in the air. He doesn't create a lot of separation with his routes, but he uses his big body to out-position the defender. His versatility to line up out wide as a receiver, as well as on the line of scrimmage, is exactly what teams are looking for at the next level.

No one is going to laugh at other options besides Eifert, we're all Steelers fans first and want our team to improve. I would think we all want this draft to be a good one whether Eifert is included or not, the Eifert supporters feel he can help our offense, now is that a bad thought?
    If a fan prefers another position thats ok with me, no matter who we draft I want them to help our team no matter which position they play, so it's really not just about Eifert.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Good point... but look at half of the players on the Pats and you see a pattern. They get the most out of their players arent afraid to do untraditional things like put a TE at RB or a WR at DB.

Unless we are truly willing to change our philosophy on O and sling it 50 times a game I dont see All Pro from Eifert. I think we have to be realistic about how WE operate on offense vs the Pats.

If we had nothing at TE I would see your point but with Spaeth, Paulson, Johnson and Miller I dont see ud making a move on Eifert. I know some laugh at our other options but this is the Steelers.. its how we operate.
    with haley, the short passing game was working well until ben got hurt. another good TE would make it even better. those other guys you mentioned really aeren't much and heath is over 30 and coming off a serious injury.

i'd have no problem with tyler if they think he has similar. mismatch abilities that gronk has. that said, i agree with you in saying this is the steelers and they dont operate like that and are not likely to draft him in the 1st round.

but i wouldnt be surprised with another TE in the 2nd thru 4th rounds. dont forget we drafted spaeth in the 3rd when we already had Heath