Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiper's Mock 4.0

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Who is our future ILB, FS, SS, RB, #1 WR, and #1/#2 CB?
    that is a great question because as of right now the answers are:

Stevenson Sylvester, Robert Golden, Damon Cromartie-Smith, Jonathan Dwyer, Antonio Brown, and Cortez Allen/Willie Gay.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Stevenson Sylvester, Robert Golden, Damon Cromartie-Smith, Jonathan Dwyer, Antonio Brown, and Cortez Allen/Willie Gay.
    Thanks! That makes me feel a whole lot better

With those names .... we are looking at a DYNASTY IN THE MAKING. Woohoo!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

And unproven rookies who never played a down in the NFL would make you jump for joy?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Great pick if we can get him, then RB in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd then load up on LBs and DBs with the rest of the picks with maybe 1 each of OL and DL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself:

Tyler Eifert *
    Pittsburgh Steelers (8-

COLLEGE: Notre Dame
    HT: 6-6
    WT: 250
    POS: TE

Analysis: Really like this fit. Eifert gives the Steelers a different kind of matchup headache for defenses -- one that doesn't directly replace Mike Wallace, but adds a new dimension to the offense. In fact, he might do more to offset the loss of Wallace than another speed threat would because he allows them to diversify. Eifert has the speed to stretch the seam and also develop routes to the edges, and can't be effectively covered by anybody. He's too tall for corners and safeties, too fast for linebackers.

Administrator

User Info Menu

And unproven rookies who never played a down in the NFL would make you jump for joy?
    Yes.. they would.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

seems to be the reaction for all the folks who support eifert @ 1:17.

I wouldn't love the pick or hate the pick. I'm just not sure what people see in this guy that makes him so special. Seems like a luxury pick in some ways, especially if they have a good idea that miller will return to his old form.

I would almost rather have jonathan cooper at that spot if he is there. He may have a much higher ceiling than eifert, even though cooper could be considered a luxury pick as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

I wouldn't love the pick or hate the pick. I'm just not sure what people see in this guy makes him so special. Seems like a luxury pick in some ways, especially if they have a good idea that miller will return to his own form.

I would almost rather have jonathan cooper at that spot if he is there. He may have a much higher ceiling than eifert, even though cooper could be considered a luxury pick as well.
    Agreed...at least Cooper is a legit top 15 talent who could be the best player available when we pick.

Eifert is a solid player, but he's a borderline 1st/2nd rounder, and therefore would not be BPA at #17.

If we are looking for a TE, then Ertz at #48 presents much greater value than Eifert at #17.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post

I wouldn't love the pick or hate the pick. I'm just not sure what people see in this guy that makes him so special. Seems like a luxury pick in some ways, especially if they have a good idea that miller will return to his old form.

The thing that is attractive about Eifert is magnified by Heath's health concerns and the knowledge Heath is only around a couple more years. IMO Eifert could also produce from Day 1 which, I know we disagree, is something a Round 1 pick should be able to do.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Well... so much for drafting Eifert....

Kiper mock drafts are never right... Kiprer has officially smashed all the "Eifert at 1.17" hopes and dreams.
    yep... seems like every year most of his can't miss, best players are still on the board after the first round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The thing that is attractive about Eifert is magnified by Heath's health concerns and the knowledge Heath is only around a couple more years. IMO Eifert could also produce from Day 1 which, I know we disagree, is something a Round 1 pick should be able to do.
    I get that he may contribute early, though I'm not as worried about year one as some are. What I don't get is what do you guys see that makes him special? I watch some notre dame, not a lot, and I've never come away with a sense of his great athleticism for that position. He cdrtainly never screamed 1st round, 17th pick at me.